The city of Los Angeles has a notorious traffic problem. In fact, Los Angeles has been declared the place with the worst traffic in the country (more than once). Which means that if you’re an LA driver, you not only need to know where the busiest areas are and when, but also how to safely navigate traffic to avoid an accident. Our LA car accident lawyers at the office of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help you to understand what to do if an accident does occur, including how to interact with an automobile insurance adjuster.
What to Expect with LA Traffic
LA traffic is bad – so bad that multiple news organizations, like CNN, have reported on it, and even created neat infographics that provide information such as the following:
- LA drivers spend an average of 44 minutes in traffic per day;
- There’s a 67 percent increase in traffic congestion during the morning rush hour; and
- There’s an 84 percent increase in traffic congestion during the evening rush hour.
But it’s not just about the numbers; rush hour, and LA traffic, can be very dangerous, too. In a single year in LA (2016), the city saw about 55,350 traffic crashes, a number that includes crashes between drivers, as well as crashes involving pedestrians and bicyclists. Many of these crashes were fatal.
How to Avoid an Accident
By putting your safety first, you can take steps to avoid an accident in the city. Some things to consider include:
- Walking or using public transportation instead of driving;
- Slowing your speed;
- Providing more room between your vehicle and others on the road;
- Always putting distractions away, even if you’re at a standstill in traffic;
- Considering taking an alternate route or leaving the house at a time where traffic won’t be as bad;
- Grabbing a buddy and use the carpool lane;
- Driving defensively and give aggressive drivers plenty of space; and
- Keeping road rage in control – road rage can give way to aggressive driving, which is one of the top causes of car accidents.
How Our Lawyers Can Help If You’re in a Crash
If you’ve been involved in a crash in Los Angeles, one of the first things you need to do is let your auto insurance adjuster know about what happened and report any damages. Then, you should call our team for further counsel and guidance.
Our lawyers will investigate the cause of your accident, determine fault and liability, and represent you in all conversations with an insurance adjuster. We also manage negotiations, and will aggressively advocate for your right to your full settlement. We know what automobile insurance adjusters are trying to do; we know how to combat sneaky tactics used to diminish claimants’ settlements.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
LA traffic can be overwhelming, and often, high times of congestion result in car crashes. Being harmed in an accident is scary – our lawyers at the office of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help. Please reach us today for your free, no obligation consultation.