Torrance Personal Injury Attorneys
If you live in the Torrance, California area and have recently been injured in an accident or situation in which you were not the one at fault, the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers may be able to help you. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers has some of the best personal injury lawyers in the Torrance area working to help people like you get the compensation they deserve.
California’s population density, combined with its wide open roads and the incursion of modern technology such as cell phones has created a high risk of traffic collisions in California. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), there are more than 3,700 people killed, and around 269,000 victims injured in traffic collisions every year statewide. The risks are considerable in Los Angeles County, which ranks #2 among all counties in California for the number of vehicle crashes. If you were hurt or lost a loved one, you might be aware that you have legal remedies. However, you might not know where to begin with pursuing them.
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will tackle all the essential tasks and advocate on your behalf throughout the car crash claims process. Whether negotiating a settlement or representing you in court, we fight to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses. Please contact us to set up a no-cost consultation with one of our Torrance auto accident attorneys who can explain your options. Some background information is also informative.
Basics of California Car Collision Laws
Crashes happen because of careless or reckless acts by drivers, but the legal theory of liability for these cases is negligence. To recover compensation, you must prove that the at-fault motorist did not exercise reasonable care when driving and that this misconduct was the direct cause of the auto accident. For example, a driver may be negligent by:
● Speeding or traveling too fast for conditions;
● Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
● Failing to yield right of way;
● Making erratic turns or lane changes;
● Texting, talking on the phone, and surfing the internet; and,
● Distracted driving does not involve cell phone use, such as eating, using a navigation system, or putting on makeup.
Common Car Accident Injuries Seen in Torrance, California
There are numerous factors that affect the nature and severity of auto crash injuries, including speed, respective size of the vehicles, weather conditions, and traffic. The location of the impact is also a consideration since automakers focus more attention on safety features for the driver and front-seat passengers. Occupants may suffer:
● Traumatic brain injury, concussion, and other head injuries;
● Broken bones;
● Complete and incomplete spinal cord injuries;
● Herniated and bulging discs, the gel-filled sacs that provide cushioning between vertebrae;
● Scrapes, deep cuts, and abrasions;
● Injury to internal organs;
● Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries; and,
Injuries from a traffic accident are painful, but you could experience additional losses beyond the physical consequences. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is dedicated to pursuing damages for the financial and emotional effects, which affect your life in ways you may not expect.
Compensation in Traffic Crash Cases
Monetary damages in an auto accident claim are intended to make the victim whole and as if the crash never happened. You may be entitled to compensation for the physical, financial, and emotional losses you sustain, and there are two categories to note:
1. Economic Damages: Some losses are definite, tangible, and can be measured in terms of dollar value. This classification includes expenses for surgery, emergency treatment, hospitalization, physical therapy, and other medical care. If you were unable to work because of your car accident injuries, you can also recover amounts for lost wages.
2. Noneconomic Damages: Injuries affect people in personal, subjective ways. Even if you cannot quantify these losses in dollar value, victims certainly endure hardship and diminished quality of life. Noneconomic damages include pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, emotional distress, and others.
How the Legal Process Works
Motorists in California are required to carry minimum levels of auto insurance for bodily injury, and this policy applies to situations where the insured driver causes a collision. As such, the first step toward recovering compensation is filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The process might seem as straightforward as filling out some forms, but keep in mind that the insurer is working to pay out as little as possible for your claim. The company may respond with a lowball counteroffer or denial.
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers are experienced in dealing with insurance companies, so we are aggressive in settlement negotiations. Our California vehicle crash attorneys are also prepared to protect your rights with respect to:
- Mediation: Even when parties cannot agree through their attorneys, they may be able to reach compromise with guidance from a trained mediation professional. During the session, the mediator encourages productive conversation between the parties and is often able to facilitate settlement.
- Litigation: When the insurer refuses to pay fair damages and settlement discussions break down, you will have to go to court. Our team possesses exceptional trial advocacy skills, so we are ready to fight for your rights during litigation. We will draft the complaint, appear in court, raise and defend motions, and handle discovery. Our lawyers will also create a sound strategy to enforce your rights at trial.
What To Do If You Were Involved in a Crash
The chaos and confusion of a traffic collision can be overwhelming, so it is helpful to have some tips on how to get through the horrific experience. You support your health and your rights by following a few recommendations:
● Get proper medical care right away, either at the scene, the emergency room, an urgent care center, or through your primary care physician.
● Exchange contact information with other drivers.
● Avoid discussing details about the car accident, including who you think caused or contributed to the incident.
● Never admit fault or provide information on how your actions may have caused the collision.
● If contacted by an insurance company, do not make statements, answer questions, or allow your conversation to be recorded.
What Other Cases Does Our Firm Handle?
While we consider auto accidents our “bread and butter”, vehicle collisions are not the only types of cases that the Torrance personal injury lawyers at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will be able to help you with. In addition to car accidents, our firm handles the following cases:
● Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
● Motorcycle Accidents
● Uber and Lyft Accidents
● Traumatic Brain Injury Accidents
● Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
● Bicycle Accidents
● Scooter Accidents
● Pedestrian Accidents
● Wrongful Death Accidents
● Premises Liability
Set Up a Consultation with Our Torrance Personal Injury Attorneys Today
This overview and a few tips are useful as a guide, but it is important to rely on experienced legal counsel when pursuing your remedies after a car crash. To learn how we can help, please call (424) 484-2363 or go online to reach El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers. We can schedule a free case assessment with a California premises liability lawyer who will provide personalized advice.
Our Torrance Office
Were you injured in or near Torrance, California? Visit our office or call our attorneys today.
Address: 18411 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite 150H
Torrance, CA 90504
Phone Number: (424) 484-2363
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours