Los Angeles, California
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Criminal Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Courts Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts (with Honors) from UCLA - 2001
- Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School - 2007
honors & awards
- The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 (Awarded by American Institute of Trial Lawyers)
- The National Trial Lawyers | 40 Under 40 (Awarded by American Institute of Trial Lawyers)
- Outstanding Prosecutor of the Year, 2015 (Awarded by Association of Deputy District Attorneys)
Joshua Ritter is an accomplished criminal defense attorney and legal analyst with over fifteen years of extensive legal and trial experience. He devotes his talents to the tenacious and zealous defense of his clients and has a proven track record of resolving issues quickly, and to the great satisfaction of his clients due to his strong relationship with the District Attorney’s office.
At his current firm, El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, Joshua specializes in matters of the utmost seriousness and complexity that often garner significant media attention. He is well equipped to manage whatever concerns his wide range of clients, often including high-profile public figures, top executives, and private individuals.
Prior to joining El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, Joshua worked as a prosecutor in the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office for close to a decade specializing in complex and high-profile cases. Joshua was recognized for bringing more than 40 cases to jury verdict with a felony conviction rate of over 90% and was named 2015’s Outstanding Prosecutor of the Year by the Association of Deputy District Attorneys.
Joshua attended the University of California, Los Angeles where he received his bachelor’s degree and went on to earn his law degree at Loyola Law School.
Joshua has been quoted in numerous sources including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Newsweek and Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. He hosts the popular podcast True Crime Daily: Sidebar, which takes listeners behind the scenes of the country’s most high-profile and notorious legal cases. You can also find him on Court TV, Law & Crime where he serves as a guest legal analyst as well as on social platforms such as Twitter.