Los Angeles Sex Crime Attorney
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Los Angeles sex crime lawyers are compassionate, experienced, and reliable advocates for our clients. We understand the intense stigma that can come with sex crime allegations. Every person deserves their day in court. If you or your loved one was charged with a sex crimes offense, we can help. To set up a fully confidential case review with an experienced California criminal defense lawyer, please contact our Los Angeles law office today.
What Should You Do If You Are Accused of a Sex Crime in Los Angeles?
In life, not many things are more difficult to deal with than facing sex crime allegations. All sex-based offenses are serious issues. They must be handled with the utmost level of diligence and professionalism. Too many people who are facing charges make errors that actually make it more difficult to clear their names. Here are four steps to take if accused of a sex crime in Los Angeles:
- Never Directly Confront the Accuser: If you are accused of a sex crime in Los Angeles, it is important to avoid directly confronting the accuser. Among other things, this includes not contacting the accuser, not posting anything about the accuser on social media, or not discussing the accusations with anyone except your lawyer. The accuser’s statements and allegations should be taken very seriously, and it is important to respect the accuser’s rights while protecting your own. Even if you know the allegations are wholly false, it is still imperative that you handle a sex crime case through the proper legal challenges.
- Save Everything You Have Related to the Allegations: It is important to save all evidence that might be related to the allegations made against you. This includes any messages, emails, notes, or other documentation. Additionally, it would be helpful to make note of the names and contact information of any potential witnesses and keep records of any conversations you have about the accusations. Be prepared to defend yourself.
- Exercise Your Right to Remain Silent: The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution protects your right to remain silent. You are not required to answer any question from a police officer or a prosecutor. That you decline to answer is not evidence of guilt. Indeed, it cannot be used against you in any way in court. In contrast, any statements that you make can be used in court. It is easy for words to get twisted or misinterpreted. Protect yourself by exercising your Fifth Amendment rights.
- Consult With a Los Angeles Sex Crimes Defense Attorney: The criminal justice system is complicated. You cannot rely on police or prosecutors to protect your best interests. Once you are accused of a sex crime, it is important to contact a Los Angeles sex crimes defense attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can help you understand the charges against you, advise you on your rights, and work to minimize the potential penalties and consequences of a sex crime conviction.
An Overview of Sex Crimes Charges We Defend in Los Angeles, CA
Our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer represents clients facing the full range of sex crime charges. These charges can be particularly serious and carry severe consequences, including lengthy prison sentences, large fines, and lifetime registration as a sex offender. Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to providing our clients with the strongest possible defense and fighting for their rights. Some of the sex crime charges that we defend at our firm include:
- Statutory rape;
- Sexual assault;
- Child molestation;
- Child pornography possession and distribution;
- Indecent exposure;
- Prostitution and solicitation;
- Human trafficking offenses; and
- Failure to register as a sex offender.
There are a number of different defenses that can be raised in a sex offense case—from actual innocence to mistaken identity to consent being given by the accuser. Our Los Angeles criminal defense lawyers will ensure that you have the opportunity to protect yourself.
What to Know About Sex Offender Registration in California
In California, individuals convicted of certain sexual offenses are required to register as sex offenders. The California Sex Offender Registry is a database that contains information about individuals who have been convicted of certain sex crimes, as required by California Penal Code § 290. This information is made available to the public through the internet, so that community members can be aware of the presence of sex offenders in their neighborhoods.
Registration typically includes the offender’s name, address, photograph, and physical description, as well as information about the offender’s crime, including the conviction date, the age of the victim, and the offender’s place of employment. Offenders are required to register with the local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Failure to keep up with sex offender registration requirements is a new criminal offense. It can lead to an immediate arrest.
Why Rely On Our Los Angeles Sex Crime Attorneys?
Sex-based offenses carry a tremendous stigma. If you or your loved one was accused of and/or arrested for a sex offense, it is crucial that you have the absolute best legal guidance and support. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we are proactive, non-judgmental, and focused on securing your future. Along with other steps, our Los Angeles sex crimes defense attorney is ready to:
- Review your case, answer your questions, and explain what happens next;
- Investigate the arrest and the sex crimes charges—gathering the evidence you need; and
- Develop a personalized criminal defense strategy best suited for your specific case.
Contact Our Sex Crimes Lawyer in Los Angeles Today
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our sex crimes attorneys in Los Angeles work proactively to protect the rights of our clients. If you have any questions about a sex crime charge, we can help. Get in touch with us by phone or send us a direct message for a fully confidential, no strings attached consultation. With an office in Los Angeles, we serve communities in Southern California.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours