Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
Unfortunately, most people will be involved in a car accident at some point in their life. The good news is that the majority of these are minor fender benders that do not cause any serious injuries or fatalities. However, some car accidents are so severe, the effects remain with victims for years to come. If you have been injured in a crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and more. Obtaining the compensation you need to fully offset your losses, though, is not easy. A Sacramento car accident lawyer can help you obtain the maximum damages you deserve.
Damages Available After a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident, you should never take the matter lightly, even if you do not believe you sustained serious injuries. Even a seemingly minor car accident can end up costing thousands of dollars. If your accident was more serious, the cost of your injuries can quickly add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. You should not have to pay for these expenses out of your own pocket.
After determining which party caused the accident, you can then file a claim against them to recover damages for these losses. The most common types of damages awarded in car accident claims are as follows:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative and physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Emergency services, such as ambulance
- Property damages
- Lost income, bonuses, benefits, sick pay, vacation pay
- Loss of earning capacity, if you are unable to return to the same line of work
- Pain and suffering
Common Causes of Car Accidents
The vast majority of car accidents in Sacramento are caused by the negligent actions of a driver on the road. Negligence, or carelessness, can take many forms on the road, but the most common of them include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Fatigued driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Improper road conditions
- Defective vehicles
It may seem as though no one is to blame for some of the above causes. For example, drivers are not to blame for improper road conditions. Still, this does not mean that no one is at fault. In this case, the government is responsible for maintaining the roads and it is possible to hold government entities liable for their negligence.
Injuries Commonly Sustained in Sacramento Car Accidents
A car accident can cause a number of different injuries that are not only painful, but also very expensive to treat. It is not uncommon for these injuries to require extensive surgery and physical therapy to correct them. Although a car crash can cause a number of different injuries, there are some that are more common than others. These are as follows:
- Back, neck, and spine injuries: The back, neck, and spine can sustain multiple types of injuries during a collision. The discs in the spinal column can slip or rupture, or a sudden force can cause a person to suffer from lumbago for years to come. In the worst of cases, a car crash can even result in paralysis. Whiplash is one of the most common neck injuries after a car accident.
- Brain and head injuries: Serious concussions, skull fractures, brain bleeds, and scalp wounds are just some of the most common types of brain and head injuries sustained during a collision on the roads. These injuries can affect accident victims for years to come and sometimes, their entire life.
- Soft tissue injuries: The soft tissues in the body are the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These soft tissues are very delicate and can easily become sprained, strained, or torn during a crash.
- Broken bones: There are 206 bones in the adult body and the extreme force of a car accident can break any one of them. Of all the different bones, the clavicle is the most delicate and so, it commonly breaks during car accidents. The bones in the lower leg, most often the fibula and the femur, also commonly break during an accident.
Regardless of the type of injury you sustained during a crash, the impacts can stay with you for years to come. A Sacramento car accident lawyer can ensure you receive the full damages you need to cover your losses.
Can You Sue a Food Delivery Service for an Accident?
Even though some food delivery services, such as GrubHub and DoorDash, are relatively new, the concept of food delivery is not. Restaurants used to hire their own drivers, and many still do. These drivers were employees of the restaurants they work for, so they and the owners of the business could be held liable.
Companies specializing in this service are more convenient today, as consumers can choose from a wide variety of restaurants when using them. In Sacramento, there are a number of food delivery services, which means there are even more cars and drivers on the road. The drivers that work for DoorDash and GrubHub are no more immune to being involved in a crash than anyone else.
When a driver for a food delivery service causes an accident, they can be held liable for paying damages. Unfortunately, these claims are extremely complex. Drivers for these companies are classified as independent contractors, so it is not always possible to sue the company. Additionally, while some food delivery services, such as DoorDash, provide their drivers with additional insurance, others do not. GrubHub, for instance, only requires that their drivers carry auto insurance.
If you have been hurt by a negligent driver while they were working for a food delivery service, you can file a lawsuit against them. To recover the full amount you deserve, you should always work with a Sacramento car accident lawyer.
Call Our Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento Today
If you have been hurt by a careless driver, you have rights and you may be able to claim compensation for your losses. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Sacramento car accident lawyer can handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on your recovery and obtain the full and fair settlement you deserve. Call us now at (213) 985-1120 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
So glad I went with Eldabe Ritter for my accident case. They kept constant communication with me, always answered my questions, and were very professional. In the end I got a great settlement. I didn't have health insurance so thankfully all my medical bills were paid. Everything was taken care of! Being in an accident can be very difficult to go through, but they definitely made the process a lot smoother! I'm referring all my friend and family here. Thank you guys!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours