Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys
It might not surprise you to know that accidents are a leading cause of death and injury in the US, but a look back at statistics in a historical context may shock you. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), almost 201,000 people die annually as a result of preventable accidents, based on a five-year average. In 1992, that number was around 86,700 deaths. These figures represent a 132 percent spike over almost 30 years, and the data on injuries is equally disturbing.
Approximately 55.4 million people in the US seek medical attention for accidental injuries, at a rate of about 1 in 6 Americans. The losses related to fatal and injury-causing accidents can be devastating, affecting the victim and entire families. Fortunately, California personal injury laws protect your rights.
You may qualify to recover damages, and El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will diligently pursue the at-fault party to ensure you receive fair compensation. Please contact us to schedule a complimentary case assessment with an Orange County personal injury attorney. You can also read on for some basics about your remedies and the legal process.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Orange County
You can rely on our team to aggressively fight for your rights if you were hurt due to:
- Car accidents, including drunk driving and distracted driving collisions;
- Crashes involving Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies;
- Truck, 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, and commercial vehicle collisions;
- Motorcycle and e-scooter crashes;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents, which are covered by motor vehicle collision laws;
- Slip and falls, and other injuries that occur because of property owner negligence;
- Premises liability, including claims for negligent security after an assault or criminal attack on the property;
- Dog bites, when the owner fails to properly secure the animal;
- Airplane, train, bus, and common carrier collisions;
- Boat and ATV accidents; and,
- Product liability claims are based on design, manufacturing, or labeling defects.
In addition, we can also represent you in connection with a wrongful death case if you lost a loved one because of the above incidents or other accidents. Surviving family members, including a surviving spouse, children, parents, and other relatives, may have a claim for wrongful death.
Compensation in Accident Cases
For most of the above personal injury claims, you must prove that the at-fault party was negligent: That person or entity had a duty to exercise reasonable care and breached it, directly causing the accident in which you were injured. If you were hurt because of a defective product, your product liability claim would be based on the theory of strict liability.
You do not need to prove fault, but you need proof that you were hurt because of the flaw. By meeting the standard of proof that applies to your case, you can recover two types of compensation:
- Economic Damages: This category includes tangible losses that have a definite value, so you usually have receipts, invoices, or other paperwork to prove them. Examples include medical costs for treatment, lost income, and out-of-pocket expenses for medical care.
- Noneconomic Damages: You cannot assign a dollar value to certain losses, though you endure hardship because of your injuries. Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for diminished quality of life, such as pain and suffering, emotional anguish, scarring and disfigurement, and many others.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will guide you through the three main stages of an accident case, including filing an insurance claim, participating in mediation, and suing in court. Our Orange County personal injury lawyers are prepared to manage all essential tasks throughout each of these stages, so you can count on us to:
- Conduct an investigation and gather evidence;
- Review your medical records;
- Consult with medical experts, economists, accident reconstruction professionals, and other experts who can contribute to your case;
- Prepare all insurance claims forms and submit them to the insurer with supporting documentation;
- Engage in settlement negotiations with the insurance company in an attempt to agree on damages;
- Represent you during mediation, which is an informal session during which a trained mediator guides the parties in productive discussions toward settlement; and,
- Sue in court to obtain fair monetary damages for your losses.
Trust Our Orange County Personal Injury Attorney to Advise You
Our team at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers has the knowledge and experience necessary to get the compensation you deserve after suffering injuries in an accident. To learn more about our services, please call (213) 985-1120 or go online to schedule a free consultation. An Orange County personal injury lawyer will explain your rights after reviewing your unique circumstances.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I recommend this law firm to anyone that needs legal advice. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable when I contacted them to handle my car accident. I wish I had used them for my previous case, but at least I now know who to contact to handle future cases.
Aldo A. Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours