Torrance Car Accident Lawyers
Basics of California Car Collision Laws
Crashes happen because of careless or reckless acts by drivers, but the legal theory of liability for these cases is negligence. To recover compensation, you must prove that the at-fault motorist did not exercise reasonable care when driving and that this misconduct was the direct cause of the auto accident. For example, a driver may be negligent by:
● Speeding or traveling too fast for conditions;
● Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
● Failing to yield to the right of way;
● Making erratic turns or lane changes;
● Texting, talking on the phone, and surfing the internet; and,
● Distracted driving does not involve cell phone use, such as eating, using a navigation system, or putting on makeup.
Common Car Accident Injuries Seen in Torrance, California
Numerous factors affect the nature and severity of auto crash injuries, including speed, respective size of the vehicles, weather conditions, and traffic. The location of the impact is also a consideration since automakers focus more attention on safety features for the driver and front-seat passengers. Occupants may suffer:
● Traumatic brain injury, concussion, and other head injuries;
● Broken bones;
● Complete and incomplete spinal cord injuries;
● Herniated and bulging discs, the gel-filled sacs that provide cushioning between vertebrae;
● Scrapes, deep cuts, and abrasions;
● Injury to internal organs;
● Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries; and,
Injuries from a traffic accident are painful, but you could experience additional losses beyond the physical consequences. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is dedicated to pursuing damages for the financial and emotional effects, which affect your life in ways you may not expect.
Types of Auto Accidents We See in Torrance
In Torrance, California, the road can be unpredictable, and accidents come in various forms. Here are some common types:
- Rear-End Collisions: Sudden stops or distracted driving can lead to rear-end collisions, causing whiplash and other injuries.
- T-Bone Accidents: Intersections pose risks, and side-impact collisions can result in severe injuries due to the broadside impact.
- Rollover Crashes: Factors like high speed or uneven terrain may lead to rollover accidents, causing extensive injuries.
- Hit-and-Run Incidents: Some drivers flee the scene, leaving victims injured and facing challenges in pursuing compensation.
Why Auto Accident Victims Should Work with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers
Choosing the right attorney is crucial for a successful accident case. Here’s why El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers should be your first call:
- Proven Track Record: Our firm has a history of securing favorable outcomes for accident victims in Torrance.
- Aggressive Advocacy: We fight relentlessly for fair compensation, ensuring your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
- Experienced Negotiators: Dealing with insurance companies requires skill. We are seasoned negotiators, countering lowball offers and pursuing the compensation you deserve.
- Trial-Ready Team: While many cases settle, we’re always ready to go to trial if necessary, ensuring the strongest possible representation.
Compensation in Traffic Crash Cases
Monetary damages in an auto accident claim are intended to make the victim whole and as if the crash never happened. You may be entitled to compensation for the physical, financial, and emotional losses you sustain, and there are two categories to note:
1. Economic Damages: Some losses are definite, tangible, and can be measured in terms of dollar value. This classification includes expenses for surgery, emergency treatment, hospitalization, physical therapy, and other medical care. If you were unable to work because of your car accident injuries, you can also recover amounts for lost wages.
2. Noneconomic Damages: Injuries affect people in personal, subjective ways. Even if you cannot quantify these losses in dollar value, victims certainly endure hardship and diminished quality of life. Noneconomic damages include pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, emotional distress, and others.
How the Legal Process Works
Motorists in California are required to carry minimum levels of auto insurance for bodily injury, and this policy applies to situations where the insured driver causes a collision. As such, the first step toward recovering compensation is filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The process might seem as straightforward as filling out some forms, but keep in mind that the insurer is working to pay out as little as possible for your claim. The company may respond with a lowball counteroffer or denial.
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers are experienced in dealing with insurance companies, so we are aggressive in settlement negotiations. Our California vehicle crash attorneys are also prepared to protect your rights concerning:
- Mediation: Even when parties cannot agree through their attorneys, they may be able to reach a compromise with guidance from a trained mediation professional. During the session, the mediator encourages productive conversation between the parties and is often able to facilitate settlement.
- Litigation: When the insurer refuses to pay fair damages and settlement discussions break down, you will have to go to court. Our team possesses exceptional trial advocacy skills, so we are ready to fight for your rights during litigation. We will draft the complaint, appear in court, raise and defend motions, and handle discovery. Our lawyers will also create a sound strategy to enforce your rights at trial.
What To Do If You Were Involved in a Crash
The chaos and confusion of a traffic collision can be overwhelming, so it is helpful to have some tips on how to get through the horrific experience. You support your health and your rights by following a few recommendations:
● Get proper medical care right away, either at the scene, the emergency room, an urgent care center, or through your primary care physician.
● Exchange contact information with other drivers.
● Avoid discussing details about the car accident, including who you think caused or contributed to the incident.
● Never admit fault or provide information on how your actions may have caused the collision.
● If contacted by an insurance company, do not make statements, answer questions, or allow your conversation to be recorded.
Contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers:
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, don’t navigate the legal process alone. Contact us for a free consultation. Remember, you don’t have to face the aftermath of an accident alone. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is here to stand by your side, fight for your rights, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I recommend this law firm to anyone that needs legal advice. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable when I contacted them to handle my car accident. I wish I had used them for my previous case, but at least I now know who to contact to handle future cases.
Aldo A. Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours