Unfortunately, car accidents happen on a daily basis. In 2019, there were 33,244 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States.
After being involved in a car accident, you should contact a personal injury lawyer if you suffered injuries and other damages. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and ensure you get adequate financial recovery to pay for all your damages. Insurance companies frequently want to underpay or devalue your injury case and it is your lawyer’s job to get fair and maximum value.
However, if you were involved in a minor accident with no injuries and minimal damages, you may not need to contact a lawyer. In this instance, you can contact your insurance company and have your agent handle a claim.
When Should I Contact a Lawyer?
Lawyers can be a great help in complex cases. Call a lawyer if you were involved in an accident and:
- You or another party was severely injured.
- You suffered damages, such as property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- It is hard to tell who was at fault.
- The crash happened in a construction or school zone.
- The other party does not have adequate insurance.
- Your insurance company is not handling your claim properly.
How a Lawyer Can Help
After an accident, there might be a lot of confusion and overwhelming questions that need to be answered. If your car was totaled, how will you get a new one? How will you pay your bills after missing so much work? Having a competent lawyer on your side can help alleviate your concerns. A lawyer can help by:
- Communicating with your insurance company on your behalf so the insurer doesn’t try to pressure you into admitting fault or taking a lowball offer.
- Assessing the accident scene and collect evidence, such as police reports, photos, medical documentation, and expert witnesses, to build your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company to ensure you receive a full and fair injury settlement
- Protecting your legal rights and make sure all deadlines are met
- Fighting your case in court, if necessary
Contact Us Today
While a minor fender bender may not require legal assistance, it’s a good idea to contact a lawyer if you are injured to preserve your right and obtain information on what to do. If the car accident has affected your quality of life, caused you pain or limited your ability to work, then you want to make sure you are properly compensated.
The Los Angeles Car Accidents Attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help you get the injury settlement you deserve. We know the steps to take to help you get the best outcome. To schedule a free consultation, fill out the online form or call 213-985-1120.