Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyers
If you suffer an injury and it affects your ability to work, pay your bills, or live life normally, then you deserve compensation. That’s what hiring a Santa Monica personal injury lawyer at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is all about.
How to Take Charge of Your Personal Injury Case
If you find yourself in an accident, you need to take charge of it.
- File the police report and let them know that you plan to go see a doctor.
- Seek medical attention and let your physician know that you were just in an accident.
- Write down everything about the accident that you can remember.
- Write down the names and contact info of anyone who may have seen the accident.
- Call a Santa Monica personal injury attorney and tell them everything that happened.
- Call your insurance company and explain what occurred.
In this way, you can take charge of anything that can occur later. These things will put you in a position of power. Now, instead of falling victim to your injury, you can do what you must to make sure that you have a strong case to start with.
It will also give your attorney a good starting place for his or her investigation.
Don’t Let Somebody Else Control the Situation
Even if you suffer a mild injury, you should immediately seek medical attention. From there, you should then call a personal injury attorney in Santa Monica. That’s because things can start happening very quickly in the background.
For example, if you’re in a car accident but you feel fine, you’ll still need to file a police report and exchange insurance information. Even if you think you feel fine, you need to take a moment to consider it. Many injuries are not immediately apparent like soft tissue damage.
If you let others control the situation, such as our injury lawyers in Santa Monica, here’s what can happen.
- You go about your business. There was no damage and everybody was okay. A few days later, you start feeling pain in your back. You find out that you have some kind of sprain or other damage. You know it came from the accident, there’s no other explanation.
- Unfortunately, you didn’t see a doctor immediately. The police report says that you felt just fine at the time. Now you have medical bills and will possibly have to miss work for doctor visits. It’s all on you, and the price could be more than you can handle.
- You forget all about the accident, it’s not even worth talking about. Next thing you know, you receive a call from a rep from your insurance company telling you that your premium has to go up.
- It’s going up because the other party reported the accident, said it wasn’t their fault, and said they had damage to their vehicle, injury, or both. Now they’re suing your insurance company for the damages. Maybe a combination of those things will occur.
If you take charge of your accident from the beginning, you can avoid this.
Speak to Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyers
When you speak to our injury lawyers, let them know all the details. Our accident attorneys are in a unique position to let you know if you have a case or not and what steps you should take next. If you should choose to pursue a case, our lawyers can handle all the details for you.
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will work up the proper paperwork and start the process of negotiating with the negligent party’s insurance company. By taking control of your accident and not blaming yourself, you will instead be in a position to receive the compensation that you deserve.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> IMPAIRED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I called this law firm seeking for a personal injury attorney. They redirected me to RMD law and they handled my case in no time. Thanks for your recommendation and caring about people although it was out of your scope.
Ali G., Irvine, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours