No one walks out of their home expecting that they could be hurt in a California personal injury accident, but statistics reveal that the risk is very real.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost 40 million people visit their physician for personal injury treatment and another 24.5 million seek medical care at the emergency room. For many, this medical attention is just beginning. Victims with serious and debilitating trauma will often require a long recovery period, while some may need care for permanent, disabling injuries.
If you were hurt in an accident, consult with your physicians on a plan of care to return you to health. At the same time, it is wise to work with our El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers to address your legal rights and help you recover an injury settlement for your losses.
Please contact us to schedule a free case evaluation with a Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer.
Medical Care Varies According to Injuries
Your treating physician will make decisions regarding medical treatment, which will obviously depend upon the nature and severity of your injuries. Many victims of personal injury accidents will require:
- Emergency Treatment: If you lost consciousness, sustained trauma to internal organs, or suffer from other life-threatening injuries, head straight to the ER.
- Urgent Care: Some injuries are severe, but not serious enough to require emergency treatment. An urgent care center is set up to address injuries on a same-day basis.
- Follow Up with Your Primary Care Physician: In the days after you were treated at the ER or urgent care facility, you should make an appointment with your doctor to determine what follow-up care is necessary.
- Treatment from Specialists: For certain types of injuries, you may need to work with such specialists as surgeons, physical therapists, psychologists, and other physicians with a specific practice focus. In some cases, you might benefit from alternative medicine, including chiropractic care, acupuncture, and massage therapy.
Financial Recovery for Personal Injury Treatments
The medical care described above costs money, so your bills could add up quickly. Fortunately, you can recoup these amounts through a personal injury claim. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can explain the legal process, which typically starts by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Our team will attempt to settle for a fair amount, but we are ready to take your case to court if the insurer refuses to pay reasonable monetary damages. You may qualify for amounts in addition to the cost of personal injury treatments. Our Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyers will also seek:
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Diminished quality of life; and,
- Emotional distress.
Talk to a Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer About Treatments
To learn more about how an experienced Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help you recover from treatment costs and other losses, please call 213-985-1120 or visit our website.
We can set up a no-cost consultation with an experienced attorney who will review your situation and advise you on the legal process.