Commitment, Passion, Justice For You
Los Angeles Broken Jaw Accident LawyerGET A FREE CONSULTATION
ABOUT BROKEN JAW ACCIDENTS
Knowing your legal rights after a broken injury is important since it can result in relief through financial compensation. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are over three million reported cases of injuries in the transport sector and 150,000 in the construction sites in the United States. Getting a broken jaw can cause serious physical injuries and financial loses to the families of the victims. The families of the victims have to deal with big medical expenses, pain, and loss of wages and trauma that leads to loss of quality of life. It can also lead to mental anguish, economic loss and loss of companionship by some of the family members as they try to take care of the injured member. To handle such cases, then it will be important that you seek the services of an experienced broken jaw accident lawyer.
The Causes of Broken Jaw
You can seek the services of a broken jaw lawyer if the accident has been caused by:
- Pedestrian knockdowns
- Physical assault
- Taxi accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Subway or bus accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
The Different Types of a Jaw Injury
The mandibular fracture can also be used to mean jaw injury though in a fancy way. Jaw injuries are categorized into four ways. The categories are based on the severity of the injury. They include:
- A commuted fracture which results from bone being splintered or crushed.
- Greenstick injury that results from a bone getting cracked but not completely broken.
- A compound fracture which is caused by a broken bone that penetrates into the skin.
- A simple fracture which results from broken bone though it does pierce the skin.
Medical attention is necessary regardless of the type of fracture when dealing with a jaw injury. Complications that can result from the injuries include a blocked airway, breathing difficulty, and tooth misalignment. The best course of action is one to visit an emergency room immediately should you or someone else break the jaw.
These injuries are easy to treat. Less severe injuries’ treatment may involve the use of painkillers and a liquid diet. However, severe injuries may require surgery. After the surgical operation, the treatment may entail a six-week diet of only liquids and soft drinks.
Example of Broken Jaw Verdicts and Settlements
In New York and Maryland, there are many recorded cases where a car accident was the cause of the fracture. It will not be appropriate to list all these cases down because all the cases were not just from a broken jaw. Broken jaw injury in many cases is not the only part that is broken. It is hard to predict the amount of money that a jury or the judge would award any broken jaw case.
- The 2014, Maryland: $100,000. Verdict. In this case, someone yells a racial slur at a black teen standing on his front porch, which makes him run. Plain cloth police officers tackle the teen and allegedly throw him into a trash can. He suffers severe jaw injury after being released without arrest. He sues the police department, with the help of a Maryland broken Jaw lawyer, claiming that they arrested him wrongfully resulting into a broken jaw injury. The teen gets $100,000 as compensation. During the verdict, the judge says that there was malicious and willful assault.
- 2014, Maryland: $75,000 Settlement. In this case, a drunk driver is arrested while evading a parking lot fee. The man claims that the police employed unnecessary force during his arrest that resulted to a broken jaw injury. Both sides agreed on a $75,000 settlement fee provided that none of the parties’ involved admitted guilt or liability.
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours