Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcyclists are a common sight in Huntington Beach. Maybe you belong to one of the city’s motorcycle clubs, or perhaps you use your motorcycle to commute to work or school. With our sunny, year-round weather, a motorcycle is a good transportation option and a fun hobby.
But any motorcycle wreck can severely change your life. Our Huntington Beach motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help. We meet regularly with injured victims who were thrown from their motorcycles and suffered serious injuries. Please contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers today.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Huntington Beach?
Our clients are injured in a variety of crashes, including:
- Open door accidents. A passenger in a parked car might open the door without checking if anyone is coming up from behind. Some motorcyclists ride close to the shoulder, which means they end up hitting any door that pops open unexpectedly.
- Left-hand turn collisions. Motorists waiting to make a left-hand turn often don’t “see” motorcyclists coming toward them.
- Rear-end collisions. A distracted or intoxicated driver could fail to pump the brakes in time and crash into a stopped motorcycle, especially at an intersection.
- Sideswipes. Some motorists refuse to share the road with bikers but instead pass much too close, hitting them.
- Head-on collisions. A tired motorist could drift into oncoming traffic and crash head-on. These are often fatal collisions.
- Lane change accidents. A motorist might not check their blind spot when pulling into a lane, leading to a wreck.
- Road defect accidents. Some defects, like a pothole or uneven pavement, could upend a motorcyclist.
We’ve Got Your Back
Our clients suffer painful injuries in a crash, including broken bones, head injuries, and back injuries, among many others. They need expensive medical care and, unfortunately, often must miss work. Our goal as Huntington Beach motorcycle accident lawyers is to ensure our clients don’t lose money when an accident is someone else’s fault. We seek compensation for:
- Medical care
- Future medical care
- Rehabilitation services
- Lost wages
- Property damage, including damage to your bike
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
No “average” settlement applies in all cases. Instead, we review the details of your case to identify what likely amount you can receive. Some factors can reduce settlement, including your fault or an uninsured motorist. Our Huntington Beach motorcycle crash lawyers do everything possible to cover your losses.
Motorcycle Safety 101
We don’t believe in “blaming the victim” for their crash. Still, certain common-sense safety tips can reduce the risk of an accident and keep everyone on the road safe. Adopting just one or two of these tips can improve your odds of getting to your destination in one piece:
- Wear a helmet. California has a universal helmet law and for good reason. Wearing a helmet substantially reduces the risk of a serious brain injury and cuts the risk of death.
- Don’t lane split. Yes, it’s legal in California—the only state which allows it. But many motorists are not expecting motorcyclists to pop up so close to them. They might hit you accidentally.
- Follow the rules of the road. Defensive driving is key for everyone, even those on two wheels.
- Remember to leave enough space between you and other vehicles and never speed.
- Stand out from the crowd. Some drivers cannot see motorcyclists because their minds are not conditioned to look for them. The last thing you want to do is blend into your surroundings. Consider painting your bike a bright color or wearing bright yellow or green helmets or clothing.
- Ride an appropriate bike. A motorcycle is easier to handle if it’s the right size for you. Women, in particular, should check that they are not riding a bike that’s too big.
- It’s also never too late to take a motorcycle training course. They are offered around the state and can help even seasoned riders brush up on their handling skills.
Call Our Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
After a wreck, you might be unsure of how to proceed. Going to the doctor and rehabbing your injuries could be taking all your strength and emotional energy. You need the services that we can provide. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we excel in the courtroom, but we can also negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf so that a trial is unnecessary.
With our deep knowledge of motorcycle crashes, we remain one step ahead of the insurance companies and can hold out for fair compensation for our clients. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
So glad I went with Eldabe Ritter for my accident case. They kept constant communication with me, always answered my questions, and were very professional. In the end I got a great settlement. I didn't have health insurance so thankfully all my medical bills were paid. Everything was taken care of! Being in an accident can be very difficult to go through, but they definitely made the process a lot smoother! I'm referring all my friend and family here. Thank you guys!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours