Alhambra Personal Injury
PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS WITH ALHAMBRA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If you have been involved in some type of accident in or around Alhambra, you likely need to submit and pursue an insurance claim. If you are like most people, you probably have a good many misconceptions about the insurance claim negotiation and settlement process.
One significant misconception is that you can maneuver successfully through the claims settlement process with relative ease. The reality is that accident victims that are proactive in hiring Alhambra personal injury lawyers typically are the very same individuals the experience favorable outcomes during the claims negotiation and settlement process.
Things to Avoid When Dealing with an Insurance Adjuster
- Rule number one when you face the prospect of pursuing an insurance claim as the result of an accident: Your interests are better served if you hire a lawyer.
- Rule number two in the insurance claims process: A claims adjuster is not your friend or ally.
An insurance company is in business to make money for its shareholders. Profits are increased when an insurance company minimizes the amount of money paid out in claims. In other words, an insurance claims adjuster has an immediate goal to minimize the amount of money paid to you.
You also need to bear in mind that the insurance claims negotiation and settlement process is more complex than you likely presume. Pursuing an insurance claim to a successful conclusion requires far, far more than submitting a few pieces of paper and waiting for money to be handed to you.
There are a number of important things that you need to avoid when dealing with an insurance claims adjuster.
- First, do not consent to give a recorded statement to an insurance claims adjuster. There is no benefit for you to give a recorded statement. In fact, you will be locked in by what you say in that statement, even if you really did misspeak and make a comment of some sort that is neither accurate nor what you really meant to say.
The only time recorded statements should ever be made during the claims negotiation and settlement process is when you are represented by Alhambra personal injury lawyers, like the legal team at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers.
- Second, do not editorialize when an insurance claims adjuster requests information from you. Just provide the basic information, the basic facts, in response to a request from a claims adjuster. Providing more information can end up causing you problems down the road as you strive to obtain a decent negotiated settlement of your claim for compensation.
- Third, do not provide your Social Security number to a claims adjuster. They request this information as a matter of routine. Indeed, an adjuster will probably provide you a pile of paperwork to fill out, which will include spaces for your Social Security number. Leave those lines blank.
- Fourth, if you do not know the answer to a reasonable question asked by an insurance claims adjuster, be honest. Advise the adjuster that you do not know. Guessing when asked a question will likely only serve to caused problems down the road.
- Fifth, do not speculate about the injuries you sustained in an accident. Rely exclusively on a medical evaluation of your injuries.
- Sixth, unless your claim truly is only for a small amount of money, do not make the mistake of not retaining Alhambra personal injury lawyers, like those at the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, to represent you in your case.
Retain Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys
As you contemplate the insurance claims settlement process and attempting to negotiate an appropriate settlement, you need to consult with capable, experienced Alhambra personal injury lawyers. The El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will schedule an initial consultation with skilled, experienced Alhambra personal injury lawyers at your convenience.
During an initial consultation, a candidate and thorough discussion will be had about the facts and circumstances surrounding your accident, and the injuries that you sustained. Possible case strategies may also be discussed. There is no charge for an initial consultation with Alhambra personal injury lawyers from the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers. In addition, the firm only charges a fee for services if and when you obtain a favorable settlement or judgment in a personal injury matter.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I recommend this law firm to anyone that needs legal advice. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable when I contacted them to handle my car accident. I wish I had used them for my previous case, but at least I now know who to contact to handle future cases.
Aldo A. Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours