All workers have the right to be provided with a healthy and safe working environment. Regardless of this right, accidents occur every day when product manufacturers, workers, or employers cause employees to suffer severe injuries due to their wrongful deeds and negligence.
Most workplace injuries occur from employees violating the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) standards by overlooking safety procedures and using dangerous and unsafe materials. Common work-related injuries may include:
- Head and spinal cord injuries caused by falls from faulty ladders and scaffolding, slipping on slippery floors, or falling over materials that are out of place
- Injuries caused by being trapped between structures, being buried in materials, or being crushed or struck by heavy objects
- Electrocution from dangerous wiring or other electrical faults
- Illness caused by chronic or acute exposure to toxic substances
- Severe burns resulting from explosions and fires by flammable chemicals and gases
- Amputation as a result of accidents from faulty or outdated machinery
- Head and brain injuries caused by falling materials
- Catastrophic injuries sustained in walkway accidents during workplace-related transport
- Injuries sustained during workplace-sponsored events.
If you sustained a workplace injury, a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can assist you in determining the best course of action.
When Can Work-Related Injuries Happen?
Work-related injuries happen when an employee is on and off his or her work premises, during and after working hours, and sometimes involve a third party, such as the manufacturers of equipment.
They can occur all of a sudden or take years before the symptoms become apparent. They can also happen in any industry, but they most commonly occur in the hospitality, warehousing, transportation, agriculture, manufacturing, and construction industries.
The Legal Process For Workplace Injuries
The law requires workers to have a workers’ compensation insurance plan to offer partial replacement of lost wages, rehabilitation, and medical care for injury victims. If you lose your life as a result of a work-related accident, your family can also receive the benefits.
Mostly, workers only get compensated if their injuries through the workers’ compensation insurance of their employer. However, the benefits offered through the workers’ compensation plan are usually not sufficient to compensate the injured person fairly.
In some cases, the worker can sue the employer outside the workers’ compensation plan for damages caused by the injuries sustained from the job or in the workplace. It is crucial that you contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to determine whether you can rightfully file a claim against your employer outside the workers’ compensation system.
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
As one of the most respected and recognized personal injury law firms, El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, is prepared to use unmatched experience and the required resources to assist you in ensuring that your rights are protected.
If you have sustained severe injuries while in the workplace or during a work-related task; you might be suffering from the loss of earning potential, chronic pain, or permanent physical disability. Contact an experienced work accident lawyer with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers to assist in ensuring that you get fair compensation for your injuries.