Fender benders are some of the most common road accidents in the United States. Almost every car owner will be in a fender bender at some point. What is a fender bender? It is a minor car accident that occurs at low speeds. In such accidents, there is usually little to no property damage.
A car accident, no matter how small it may seem, is likely to leave you shaken. No one wants to be in an auto accident. Even when injuries are not apparent in the beginning, you may start to experience them later on. Without a good car accident attorney in Los Angeles, it might be difficult to pursue the settlement you deserve.
Contact the experienced Los Angeles car accident attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers if you are involved in an accident. You may need legal representation, regardless of how small the accident might seem.
What Should You Do After a Fender Bender?
There are certain steps that you must follow after an accident regardless of how small it was. These steps include:
- Check to ensure that you are not injured. If there were passengers in your car, check on them too
- Get your car out of the road
- Contact the police and report your incident. They will come and fill out a report. You may need to visit your local police station. Having a police report is important when you need to file a claim
- Exchange information including your full name, contact details, insurance companies, and policy number, and license plate numbers
- Document the accident. Get a copy of the police report, the badge numbers of all responding officers, and photos of the incident. Take as many photos and videos of the incident as possible. The photos may be important when making a claim with your insurance provider. If there are any witnesses, write down their names and contact information.
- Contact your insurance provider and start the claims process
Do not say or suggest that the fender bender was your fault even if it was. Note that some people may stage an accident just to get a payoff. Leave the job of determining fault to the experts. If you do not know what to do, contact your lawyer and ask for help.
Contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers
Have you been in a fender bender? You may need the help of Los Angeles car accident attorneys. At El Dabe Ritter Law Firm, we have a strong team of passionate and professional personal injury lawyers. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and receive the compensation you deserve.