Ventura Car Accident Lawyers
Despite how careful you may be, avoiding car accidents can be difficult. Thousands of people are harmed in traffic accidents in California every year. According to recent statistics, it is estimated that after every six seconds a person is injured in a traffic accident in the US alone. Because injuries sustained during a car accident are life threatening, it is comforting to know where to turn for financial and physical recovery. El Dabe Law Office aims at helping victims of car accidents to recover from physical injuries and getting a fair compensation.
7 Things You Should Do After an Accident
- Don’t leave the scene- Hit-and-run drivers are charged for criminal activities, especially if the car accident resulted to injuries.
- Contact the police-Unless the accident is minor and no injuries are caused, call the police. If possible, you should request for a police report.
- Assess the situation- In case there are no injuries, move your car to a safe place. However, if there are injured passengers, seek for immediate medical attention. Make sure that you don’t move anybody who is experiencing neck or back pains unless it is necessary.
- Identify witnesses- If there are other people who saw the accident happen it is advisable to ask for their contact information.
- Collect any evidence- if you are able to move, take pictures of the scene, injuries sustained, and property damage.
- Exchange information- Collect the insurance and contact information of the other driver and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Contact an experienced accident lawyer- A skilled lawyer from El Dabe law firm can help you seek compensation to cater for your car repairs and medical bills.
Auto accidents are often caused by negligent drivers or poor road conditions. However, each of these situations should be investigated by an experienced ventura car accident lawyer. Your lawyer will investigate what might have caused the accident and all the occurrences that happened, before, during, and after the accident.
Common Types of Driver Negligence
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)- Driving when drunk can cause fatal accidents leading to death or severe injuries.
- Distracted driving- Talking on the phone, texting, and loud music are some of the common distractions that lead to car accidents.
- Speeding- When one drives too fast, it becomes difficult to react to obstacles on the road, and losing control of the vehicle is easy. This leads to serious injuries after a crash.
- Moving violations- People who run stop signs, red light, and make unsafe lane changes often cause car crashes.
In case a driver is negligent during an accident, your lawyer will look at the police report, interview you, other drivers, and eyewitnesses to have a clear image of how the accident occurred. Also, you can assist your lawyer by describing the circumstances surrounding the accident. This information will assist your accident lawyer to present a strong case in court that will be compelling enough under the Californian traffic laws. However, your lawyer also has the task of making sure that you receive fair monetary damages and compensation.
Your accident lawyer will determine how much you should receive to cover your medical bills, contest for a disability claim, and cover lost wages that can assist you family to get back on their feet after you have been away from work for a long time. All these are factors that are considered during a settlement or in court. Your lawyer will first ask the other party for a settlement instead of proceeding to go to court which can be very expensive. If you were the negligent driver, your attorney will try and negotiate and offer a settlement to stop the case from going to trial.
Why You Should Get a Qualified Lawyer
It is both time consuming and stressful to pursue car accident claims on your own. This is because insurance adjusters will try to settle for an amount that is less than what you deserve. However, having an experienced attorney from El Dabe law firm in your corner can make a big difference. Your lawyer will worry about your claims so that you have more time to recuperate. Therefore, ensure you contact them today for a free legal consultation.