Ventura Personal Injury Attorneys
Whether you have been in a major car accident or a minor fender bender, you may benefit from the experience and advice of a lawyer. Sometimes you may notice that you have suffered an injury or may have trouble getting the responsible party to pay for damages.
There are hundreds of scenarios that you could encounter and with the help of an experienced professional, you will be able to navigate this confusing time. An attorney can help a victim of a car accident in many ways. Personal injury lawyers can do many other things to help alleviate the stress of the situation, including:
- Pursue compensation for your injuries and damages
- Make sure that victims receive the proper medical care for any injuries they have received
- Represent victims in court
Car Accidents in Ventura, CA
Despite how careful you may be, avoiding car accidents can be difficult. Thousands of people are harmed in traffic accidents in California every year. According to recent statistics, it is estimated that after every six seconds, a person is injured in a traffic accident in the US alone. Because injuries sustained during a car accident are life-threatening, it is comforting to know where to turn for financial and physical recovery.
El Dabe Law Office aims at helping victims of car accidents to recover from physical injuries and get fair compensation.
7 Things You Should Do After an Accident
Auto accidents are often caused by negligent drivers or poor road conditions. However, each of these situations should be investigated by an experienced Ventura car accident lawyer. Your lawyer will investigate what might have caused the accident and all the occurrences that happened, before, during, and after the accident.
However, after an accident occurs, there are several things you can do to get the ball rolling, including:
- Don’t leave the scene — Hit-and-run drivers are charged for criminal activities, especially if the car accident resulted in injuries.
- Contact the police — Unless the accident is minor and no injuries are caused, call the police. If possible, you should request a police report.
- Assess the situation — In case there are no injuries, move your car to a safe place. However, if there are injured passengers, seek immediate medical attention. Make sure that you don’t move anybody who is experiencing neck or back pains unless it is necessary.
- Identify witnesses — If other people saw the accident happen it is advisable to ask for their contact information.
- Collect any evidence — if you can move, take pictures of the scene, injuries sustained, and property damage.
- Exchange information — Collect the insurance and contact information of the other driver and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Contact an experienced accident lawyer — A skilled lawyer from El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help you seek compensation to cater for your car repairs and medical bills.
Personal injury lawyers will make sure that the accident is properly investigated. In major accidents, such as those involving 18-wheelers, evidence can sometimes disappear quickly after the incident. It is important to have a professional who knows what to look for and what information should be gathered at the time of the accident.
An experienced attorney will also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Sometimes insurance companies can try to rush through the settlement process and sometimes try to get victims to settle with smaller financial compensation. Having someone fighting for you can help take the stress off of your shoulders.
Motorcycle & Bicycle Accidents
If you get into a bicycle or motorcycle accident, you are likely to get injured much worse than if you are in a car accident. This means that you will probably end up paying more to fix those injuries than the person who hit you in their car.
You will have to be taken to a hospital, where you will be given aid and medications. If you are hurt badly enough you will probably have to go through surgery or two. You will then have to spend several nights in the hospital.
While the staff will take good care of you and you will leave feeling much better than you felt going in, you might lose a little bit of steam when you see your hospital bill. You will be charged for every minute that you were in that hospital. You will even have to pay the cost of the ambulance that drove you in.
Common Types of Driver Negligence
In case a driver is negligent during an accident, your lawyer will look at the police report, and interview you, other drivers, and eyewitnesses to have a clear image of how the accident occurred. Also, you can assist your lawyer by describing the circumstances surrounding the accident. Negligent acts drivers may engage in that can cause an accident include:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) — Driving when drunk can cause fatal accidents leading to death or severe injuries.
- Distracted driving — Talking on the phone, texting, and loud music are some of the common distractions that lead to car accidents.
- Speeding — When one drives too fast, it becomes difficult to react to obstacles on the road, and losing control of the vehicle is easy. This leads to serious injuries after a crash.
- Moving violations — People who run stop signs, and red lights, and make unsafe lane changes often cause car crashes.
This information will assist your accident lawyer in presenting a strong case in court that will be compelling enough under Californian traffic laws. However, your lawyer also has the task of making sure that you receive fair monetary damages and compensation.
Your accident lawyer will determine how much you should receive to cover your medical bills, a contest for a disability claim, and cover lost wages that can assist your family to get back on their feet after you have been away from work for a long time.
All these are factors that are considered during a settlement or in court. Your lawyer will first ask the other party for a settlement instead of proceeding to go to court which can be very expensive. If you were the negligent driver, your attorney will try and negotiate and offer a settlement to stop the case from going to trial.
Understanding the Legal System
The key is knowing how the legal system operates in your state. With a personal injury lawyer on your side, they can help navigate through any legal action that may need to be taken and help craft a top-notch argument and defense for court.
Make sure that you and your family get the protection and fair compensation that you deserve by contacting a personal injury attorney. The El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can give you the legal counsel you need. With years of experience in spring victims of car accidents, the qualified staff at the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers are waiting to represent you.
This premier staff of lawyers does not get a fee unless you win. This means you can rest assured that you will have the best representation. If you don’t win your case, you don’t have to pay attorney’s fees. The only thing you are responsible for is any charges for consulting.
Contact a Ventura Personal Injury Lawyer
One of the most important reasons to hire a personal injury lawyer is the objectivity they bring to the table. After becoming a victim of a car accident, you will be dealing with feelings of pain, frustration and possibly, anger. However, these experts can rationally handle the issue and allow you to focus on your personal wellbeing.
Another reason that you should consult with an attorney is the experience they bring to the table. Instead of a lengthy and tedious legal battle, the lawyers can make the process as easy as possible. Not only can the case be shortened but they can also negotiate the best financial compensation and even verdict outcome. An attorney can help sort through the accident investigation findings and even find evidence that you could have missed.
Save yourself the headache and hire a personal injury attorney as one of the first steps after your car accident. The team of attorneys at the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is waiting to help you. Contact them today for a free consultation on your case. You don’t have to suffer through this debacle by yourself.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I want to thank El Dabe Ritter Trial lawyer they are best, they alway find ways to help even if is a hard case, they all very kind and they treated me with respect, thank you again for helping me it's a pleasure to have you as my lawyers.
Karina Q., Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours