Sherman Oaks Bicycle Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you should definitely call a bicycle accident lawyer in Sherman Oaks, CA to review your legal rights. California law requires that motorists who cause accidents compensate their victims, but the road to recovery isn’t easy. Indeed, settling a bicycle accident case is in many ways harder than dealing with a car insurance claim.
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we negotiate settlements on behalf of our clients. Pick up the phone and contact one of our Sherman Oaks bicycle accident attorneys today for more information.
Bicycle Accident Injuries Have Many Causes
There is no one “typical” bicycle accident. However, negligent and dangerous drivers are often the primary cause of collisions. These motorists will make some mistakes out on the road, such as:
- Passing illegally
- Opening a door without looking to see if anyone is coming behind
- Drifting into oncoming traffic
- Making a turn without ensuring the way is clear
- Failing to yield
- Failing to check blind spots
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while intoxicated
Sometimes, a hazardous road will also contribute to a wreck. Potholes and broken pavement can send cyclists tumbling over the handlebars. Although cyclists should avoid these hazards, if possible, the government ultimately is responsible for providing safe roads.
Bicycle Accidents Are Serious & Painful
Our clients in Sherman Oaks suffer some of the worst injuries we have seen. This is not surprising. Cyclists are fully exposed in a crash. Not only do they take a direct blow from a vehicle, but they can also skid along the road and injure any exposed skin.
Bicycle crashes often cause:
- Fractures: Broken bones are most common in the arms, legs, and pelvis. Cyclists can also fracture ribs or their skulls, which cause devastating complications.
- Organ Damage: Lungs could be speared by a broken rib, or your heart could suffer a contusion.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A brain injury can completely upend a person’s life, impairing their mobility, speech, mood, and memory. Some brain injuries are fatal.
- Skin Injuries: Our clients suffer lacerations or abrasions, especially when exposed skin rubs along the road.
- Back Injuries: In addition to sprains and strains, you could damage the spinal column, putting pressure on nerves. Any spinal cord injury can lead to paralysis.
- Amputations: Some cyclists may lose a limb due to the severe impact of an accident. The only choice for these extreme circumstances can be an amputation.
You Deserve Meaningful Compensation
Bicycle injuries leave many victims in the hospital for weeks. Even if you can move around, your life could have dramatically changed by severe physical or cognitive limitations.
Our team of Sherman Oaks bicycle accident lawyers aims to get our clients full compensation for their injuries. This would include any of the following based on the facts:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries
- Future medical expenses, if you have a permanent or long-lasting disability
- Lost income, if you can’t work while recovering
- Loss of earning capacity, when permanent injuries prevent you from going back to work in the future
- Damage to your bicycle and other property
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
To receive compensation, we need to establish that a driver was liable. This means they were responsible for the wreck. You also need evidence of your losses. Please hold onto all medical bills and receipts, as well as other documents, like bike repair estimates. We will gladly help you identify which documents to keep.
We Provide Comprehensive Legal Services in Your Time of Need
El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers understand that recovering from an accident is tough work. In addition to going to physical therapy or rehab, you are trying to figure out how to pay your bills. Many families are feeling extreme stress in the days and weeks following a bicycle crash in Sherman Oaks.
We can help. Our legal team will start immediately helping our clients by:
- Analyzing any police report to understand what happened.
- Interview eyewitnesses to the crash to find out what they saw.
- Studying your medical records and coordinating with medical experts to fully understand your injuries, as well as your expected recovery horizon.
- Collecting relevant documents related to the crash, like insurance policies.
- Submitting claims to insurance adjusters.
- Communicating with adjusters about your case.
- Negotiating a favorable settlement for our clients.
- Beginning litigation if settlement discussions stall.
Speak with Our Sherman Oaks Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Although this is a difficult moment in your life, help is here. Our bicycle injury attorneys have handled many bicycle accident cases in Sherman Oaks, and we will gladly meet to go over your case. We know what information and evidence are helpful and how to fully document your injuries. Contact us online or call (213) 985-1120 today to learn more.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours