Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyers
Like in other areas in California, accidents are all too common in Sherman Oaks. Residents can suffer a wide range of injuries resulting from the actions of another party. Personal Injury Law in California is designed to protect such people. It allows accident victims to get compensation for any injuries caused by someone else’s negligence or intentional actions.
The Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyers at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers have an in-depth understanding of California personal injury laws. We help personal injury victims understand their rights and get the compensation they deserve.
Have you or a loved one been injured in Sherman Oaks? Call our office at 866-407-5842 or contact us online to discuss your eligibility for damages.
What Personal Injury Claims Do We Handle?
Personal injury claims cover a wide range of cases. You could be eligible for damages as long as you were injured in an accident caused by someone else. A Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer can help you file a case for any of the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Catastrophic injury
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Slip and Falls
- Wrongful death
- and More.
Determining Liability in Sherman Oaks Accidents
Liability refers to responsibility for an accident. To establish liability, you need to establish the basis for your personal injury claim. Three basic claims exist in California. They are:
- Negligence Claims: Negligence claims are the most common claims. If someone’s negligent action causes your injury, they can be held liable for damages. Usually, a negligent party does not intend to cause harm. The cause of the accident is often their carelessness, thoughtlessness, or failure to act as a responsible person would in the same situation. In some cases, professionals with special training such as doctors and engineers can be negligent. This situation is defined as a failure to conduct themselves how a reasonable person in that field would. Such cases are handled under malpractice laws.
- Strict Liability Claims: Strict liability claims are also referred to as ‘liability without fault’ cases. They do not require you to prove negligence or determine fault. Typically, strict liability laws apply to situations such as:
- Product liability – injury due to a defective product. Parties that can be held liable include the manufacturer, retailer, installer, or wholesaler of a product.
- Abnormally dangerous activities such as storing explosives
- Injuries caused by animals – The animal handler or owner is held liable.
- Intentional Wrongs: Intentional wrongs cases include situations where the perpetrator intents and acts in a way that harms someone else. Common examples include battery and assault. In most cases, victims of intentional wrongs cases pursue personal injury claims alongside criminal charges. Determining fault can prove tricky for someone without legal knowledge. Always consult an attorney about liability.
Talk to a Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Insurance companies can try to bully you into accepting less compensation than you deserve. However, with a skilled attorney by your side, you can be sure that your rights are protected.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Sherman Oaks are skilled in the art of negotiation. We can get the insurance company to settle your claim satisfactorily and in good time.
If the case needs to go to trial, we will apply our expertise and resources to getting you a fair judgment. Contact us to discuss your case and a suitable way forward. We will listen to your story and map out a suitable plan.
CALL NOW: 866-407-5842
Our Sherman Oaks Office
13743 Ventura Boulevard #350
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> IMPAIRED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours