Santa Maria Personal Injury Lawyers
What makes matters worse is that the very entities that have the responsibility to compensate them for their injuries, insurance companies, are often the ones that are making the situation worse. Insurance companies understand the difficult financial and emotional state personal injury victims find themselves in. They take advantage of that to try to force an injured individual to accept compensation that is way less than what they deserve.
- At the El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we have seen people deal with this type of experience time and time again. Our trained Santa Maria personal injury attorneys have been able to help many of them get a fair financial settlement.
Why You Should Use a Lawyer
Some will argue that it’s not fair that after being the victims of a personal injury, they now have to pay an attorney out of pocket in order to get what they deserve. However, what these individuals fail to realize is that without a personal injury attorney, their chances of having a good outcome or receiving an equitable settlement are zero to none. A lawyer gives you legal representation.
They give you a solid base from which you can seek fair compensation. Contrary to what is seen on television or in movies, the vast majority of personal injury cases are settled outside the courtroom. The settlement happens because of the pressure that personal injury attorneys put on insurance companies. Insurance companies will put up a strong fight in order to not pay a claim.
They do this to avoid garnering the reputation as a company that will resolve every claim with a settlement. However, with the backing of a personal injury lawyer, you can force the insurance company to give you fair compensation.
Lawyers Help You Compete on Level Ground
The game is stacked on the side of the insurance company. They are going to defend their clients, and they are going to use their army of attorneys to do so. Trying to handle an insurance claim yourself puts you at an unfair disadvantage.
Doing this would not be fair to you. The personal injury attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers serve as an advocate who has a vested interest in your success.
How the Lawyers at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers Fight for You
Our goal is to help you get to the compensatory damages you are due. The purpose of compensatory damages is to put you in a position that is equal to what you would have been if the injury never happened. The fairest thing would be if it was possible to physically reverse your injuries and the emotional trauma you’ve experienced.
Unfortunately, that is not possible. So the next best thing is compensating you financially. The compensation and damages that our lawyers seek are usually divided into two categories. The first is designed to compensate for any financial losses you have experienced. The second is to compensate for non-financial losses.
Financial losses would include:
- Medical expenses, including the expenses for present, past, and future medical care. This takes into consideration your medical needs for the rest of your life.
- The expense associated with living with a disability. This would include home renovations, wheelchair access, as well as having a nursing assistant.
- Lost wages. This not only includes the money that you would have lost while recovering from an injury, but it also includes your future earning capability.
- Funeral expenses. In the unfortunate event that a personal injury leads to death, funeral expenses would be sought.
There are also non-monetary losses. These would include things like the following:
- Pain and suffering. This includes the pain you experienced during the injury, as well as any emotional stress that you experienced as a result of the consequences of the injury.
- Loss of consortium. This includes losing intangible things like loss of affection, loss of companionship, loss of assistance, and loss of sexual relations.
Bicycle & Motorcycle Accidents in Santa Maria
Many accidents that happen while you are on a motorcycle are because car drivers are not paying attention. Because of how these bikes are designed, you are also susceptible to injuries that are worse than if you were in a car.
- If you put all of these things together, then you might be in a financial bind that you think there is no way out of.
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we understand how difficult dealing with a personal injury can be for Santa Maria residents. We are determined to fight for you and to help you get a fair conclusion to your case.
If you have never been in a motorcycle accident where you were injured before, you might not realize how much it actually costs. If you go to a hospital you will have to take medication, get care from the doctors and nurses, and stay in a hospital bed. You might even have to go through surgeries if the crash is severe enough. All of this costs money.
We live in a world where you will drop $600 easily for walking into the ER with a paper cut, so you can imagine how large your bill will be if you add the doctor’s time, the hospital room, and medications, not to mention surgery. You might also have to get rehabilitation or physical therapy to get your muscles and joints working again. This costs money for each session as well, and if you do not get compensated, your bills could be through the roof.
CALL NOW: 888-539-6810
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I want to thank El Dabe Ritter Trial lawyer they are best, they alway find ways to help even if is a hard case, they all very kind and they treated me with respect, thank you again for helping me it's a pleasure to have you as my lawyers.
Karina Q., Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours