Los Angeles Negligent Security Lawyers
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Los Angeles negligent security lawyers have the professional skills, legal knowledge, and proven experience to get results for injured victims and their families. Businesses and property owners in Southern California have a duty to take adequate safety precautions. They must be held accountable for assaults and other criminal attacks that happen because of their failure to do so. If you have any questions about negligent security law, we are here as a legal resource. Call us at (213) 985-1120 or connect with us directly online to set up a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles premises liability lawyer.
What is Negligent Security?
A negligent security claim falls under premises liability law in California. As a general matter, businesses and property owners throughout Los Angeles County have a duty to keep their premises in reasonably safe and secure condition for customers and other invitees. They are required to conduct adequate maintenance and take action to address safety hazards.
California law also puts a duty on businesses and property owners to provide reasonably adequate security precautions given their specific circumstances. As explained in the Judicial Council of California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI NO. 1005), a business or property owner “must use reasonable care” to protect guests from “another person’s criminal conduct” to the extent that they can “reasonably anticipate that conduct.”
Examples of Negligent Security
It is important to emphasize that a business or property owner in Los Angeles can be held legally liable for a third-party criminal attack that occurs on their premises, but they are not automatically liable for such an incident. They are only liable if they failed to take adequate safety precautions to prevent or reduce the risk of criminal conduct that should have reasonably been anticipated. Here are some potential examples of negligent security:
- Broken Locks On Doors or Windows: A business or property owner may be liable for an attack that happens because of broken locks. For example, imagine that a hotel has defective locks on its doors and a guest is assaulted. They may be liable for negligent security.
- Lack of Lighting in Certain Areas: Some businesses need to provide lighting to protect people. For example, imagine that a bank opens up a 24-hour ATM in a high-crime neighborhood. It could be liable for an attack that occurs if there is not sufficient lighting.
- Inadequate Security Guards: Some businesses and property owners need to have trained security personnel on-site. For example, large nightclubs need proper security. A large nightclub without adequate security guards may be liable for injuries that occur in a fight.
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Negligent Security Claim in California?
In California, a premises liability claim can include compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. It is crucial that your negligent security claim covers the full extent of your damages. Negligent businesses and their insurers often try to settle these cases for less. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys fight to help our clients maximize their financial compensation. We are ready to seek money damages for:
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Other health care bills and expenses;
- Ongoing and long-term medical care;
- Los wages and loss of earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering & emotional distress;
- Permanent disability or permanent scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
Why You Should Rely On Our Los Angeles Negligent Security Attorneys
Negligent security claims are highly complex. Businesses, organizations, and their insurers are driven to protect their own financial interests—not you and your family. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we provide proactive and pragmatic legal guidance and advice to our clients. When you call our Los Angeles office, you can speak to a California premises liability attorney who can:
- Answer questions and explain your rights under California negligent security law;
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the incident, gathering evidence;
- Handle legal paperwork and settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Develop a strategy to help you maximize your financial compensation.
Contact Our Los Angeles Negligent Security Lawyers Today
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Los Angeles negligent security attorneys are aggressive, experienced, and results-focused advocates for injured victims. If you suffered harm due to negligent security, we can help. Call us at (213) 985-1120 or send us a direct message to arrange a no-fee, no-obligation consultation. We handle negligent security claims throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> IMPAIRED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I want to thank El Dabe Ritter Trial lawyer they are best, they alway find ways to help even if is a hard case, they all very kind and they treated me with respect, thank you again for helping me it's a pleasure to have you as my lawyers.
Karina Q., Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours