Commitment, Passion, Justice For You
Los Angeles Hit-and-Run Accident LawyersGET A FREE CONSULTATION
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I'm here to pick up my settlement check from my law firm and my excellent lawyer. They came through on all their promises I was referred to this law firm by my friend and I did check the reviews prior to coming here and I was pleased but the check I got today proves that I was injured and fairly compensated me for what I went through. Five star from beginning to the end!
Julien C., Los Angeles, CA
HIT-AND-RUN CAR ACCIDENTS
While a car accident may be completely unexpected and may catch you off guard, one thing that you should expect if a caraccident occurs is that the other driver will stop their vehicle, participate in filing a police report, and provide you with their personal and vehicle information. After all, stopping after a collision and exchanging information with the other driver is the law.
Unfortunately, some drivers not only are so negligent as to cause accidents, but then will also flee the scene of the accident. If this has happened to you, our Los Angeles hit-and-run accident lawyers at the office of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help.
WHO PAYS FOR LOSSES IN A HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENT?
One of the most stressful things about being involved in a hit-and-run accident is determining who will pay for the damages you have sustained. Because California is an at-fault car insurance state, those who cause accidents are responsible for paying for them – but if the driver has fled the scene of the accident and has not yet been identified, how will you get paid?
In the event of a hit-and-run accident, you may be able to turn to your own insurance policy for compensation if you carry certain coverage types. California insurance companies offer three types of coverage that may help you to pay for damages, even if the other driver hasn’t been identified. These include:
- Physical damage coverage – If you purchase physical damage coverage, then this coverage will pay for damage caused to your vehicle as a result of a collision with another vehicle (or object).
- Medical payments coverage – Medical payments coverage, or MedPay, pays for your and your passengers’ medical expenses up to your policy limits, regardless of fault in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – In the event that you’re in an accident with a driver who isn’t insured or doesn’t have enough insurance–or, in this case, isn’t even identifiable–your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can pay for bodily injury and property damage costs.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A HIT AND RUN
Acting quickly and intelligently after a hit-and-run accident can help to preserve your right to compensation. We recommend:
- Filing a police report – Call the police immediately. The sooner that you notify the police of your accident and the fact that the other driver has fled the scene, the sooner the police can open an investigation and, hopefully, track down the other driver.
- Notifying your insurer – You must provide your insurer with notice of the accident as soon as possible, as well as the fact that the other driver fled the scene.
- Getting medical care – Don’t fail to seek medical care because you’re worried about who will pay for it. Getting medical care is an important part of ensuring you’re OK and preserving your right to compensation.
- Calling a lawyer – A lawyer will not only build your case, but can also follow up on any leads related to identifying the hit-and-run driver.
OUR LOS ANGELES HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ARE HERE TO HELP
Being the victim of a hit-and-run is a very unsettling experience, especially if the car accident caused you serious injuries. When you call our Los Angeles car accident lawyers, we will work hard to build your case and get you the compensation you deserve, even if the other driver isn’t identified. Reach El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers today for your free consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours