Los Angeles Rollover Accident Attorneys
While all car accidents can be scary, a rollover accident can elicit feelings of pure terror. And while rollover accidents are one of the least common car accident types, they are one of the most destructive. In fact, rollover crashes have a higher fatality rate than other kinds of crashes, as reported by SaferCar.gov.
Our Los Angeles rollover accident attorneys at the law firm of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers understand the traumatic nature of these crashes, and that you may be dealing with serious injuries and financial losses after a rollover crash. When you need an advocate on your side who’s committed to getting you the compensation that you deserve, we can help. Call us today for your free consultation.
Causes Of Rollovers
Rollover accidents can be multi-vehicle collisions (involving two or more vehicles), or single-vehicle collisions. The risk factors for a rollover crash include:
- Vehicle Type – While all vehicles can roll over, vehicles that are taller and narrower are more likely to roll over;
- Speed – Rollover crashes, especially those that are fatal, are often speed-related;
- Location – Rollover crashes are more likely on rural roads that are undivided and without barriers;
- Alcohol – When drivers are alcohol-impaired, rollover crashes are more common;
- Distracted Driving – Driving distraction is a top cause of various types of car crashes, including rollover accidents.
- Hazardous Road Conditions – Uneven pavement, hitting potholes or high speed limits on dangerous curves create dangerous conditions. Government entities could be held responsible if they neglect their duties for keeping roads well-maintained and safe.
- Defective Vehicles – SUVs, minivans and trucks have a particularly high center of gravity, making these vehicle more susceptible to roll over and cause serious injuries to you and/or your passengers. Because of this, these vehicle are expected to have adequate roll cages or bars to prevent a roof collapse.
While things like road type and vehicle type can increase the risk of a rollover accident, rollovers usually happen because of driver negligence, such as taking a turn too fast or driving aggressively. They may also happen because of hazards in the road that cause the vehicle to “trip,” or sharp turns that are unmarked.
Injuries Sustained in These Types of Accidents
A rollover accident can result in serious harm; a vehicle may be completely totaled, and occupants within may suffer serious, long-term, or even fatal injuries. Injuries that are common in a rollover crash include:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries (these injuries are especially common if an occupant is thrown from the vehicle);
- Broken bone injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Amputation injuries; and
- Crush injuries.
In addition to the physical injuries that can result from a crash, a rollover crash can also leave a victim with psychological injuries, including conditions like depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Who is Liable for Rollover Accidents?
When a rollover crash occurs, it’s important that an investigation into the cause of the crash is opened; without an investigation, it can be difficult to know what exactly caused the crash – driver negligence, a road hazard, another driver’s actions, a vehicle defect, or something else? Once an investigation is concluded and fault for the accident is determined, a car accident claim can be filed against the at-fault party.
Call Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys Immediately
If you have been in a rollover accident in Los Angeles, our lawyers will work hard to determine fault and get you the settlement that you deserve. We have the experience that your case demands, and we are passionate about representing accident victims in L.A. Reach out to us today to schedule your free case consultation. Call 213-985-1120.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours