When you’re seriously sick or harmed, going to the hospital is necessary. But the last thing that you expect when you go to the hospital is to be the victim of medical negligence that worsens or exacerbates your condition.
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our injury attorneys can help you with your hospital negligence case. Learn more by calling our law office at 213-985-1120 today.
Types of Negligence in the Hospital
Negligence in a hospital can take a variety of different forms. Some of the most common examples of hospital negligence include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Unnecessary surgery
- Misinterpretation of laboratory results
- Medication errors
- Failure to order the correct tests
- Improperly sending a patient home
Specific acts of negligence can vary depending on a patient’s case. If negligence leads to harm, the hospital could be held liable for damages.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Medical Negligence Case?
It is not enough to prove that a patient suffered harm at a hospital’s hands in a medical negligence case. Instead, it would be best if the patient can prove that the hospital, doctor, or nurse who treated them violated the medical standard of care that the patient deserved.
The medical standard of care is the same standard of care that another medical professional of similar background and education would demonstrate in the same situation.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Hospital Negligence Can Help
A personal injury lawyer who works on hospital negligence claims can help you build your case and understand your rights. Ways our injury law firm can assist you to include:
- Investigating your case. Our law firm can investigate your case and determine whether or not medical malpractice occurred. We can bring in other doctors and experts to analyze the issue and testify whether there was a breach of the medical standard of care.
- Calculating your damages. If you got injured due to a doctor’s actions, you might be facing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical bills, lost wages, and a diminished quality of life.
- Representing you during the claims process. When you call our personal injury law firm, our lawyers will be responsible for representing you throughout 100 percent of the claims process. It includes representing you during negotiations to improve your chances of getting the highest possible settlement.
- Litigating your case. Suppose your case cannot be settled out of court. Our law firm can represent you during litigation. We have trial experience and a track record of success.
Call Our Law Firm Today to Get Started
If you sustained injuries in a hospital, you might be the victim of hospital negligence, and you may have a medical malpractice claim for damages. To learn more about your rights and whether or not you can file a claim, please contact Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys today.
We offer free consultations and always work on a contingency fee basis. Reach us today to get started.