Oxnard Motorcycle and Bicycle Accident Lawyers
One only needs to take a few minutes to drive down Oxnard, California roads to understand why so many people use motorcycles and bicycles in this area. According to published reports, California has more cyclists than any other state in the country.
While riding a motorcycle or riding a bicycle down California roads can be enjoyable, healthy, and fun, there also exists the risk of serious injury and death when a negligent car driver, truck driver, or bus driver causes an accident.
The El Debe Law Firm has seen firsthand the serious injuries and fatalities these accidents produce. Our goal is to help accident victims get the financial compensation they need to get back to enjoying life.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Contrary to popular belief and contrary to what you see on the television or in the movies, motorcyclists and bicyclists are not bad drivers. In fact, because they keenly understand that they are driving without the same protection afforded trucks, buses, or automobiles, motorcyclists/bicyclists operate their vehicle with extreme caution.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said automobile operators or truck operators. Some of the common causes of motorcycle/bicycle accidents include:
• Failing to See Motorcycles/Bicycles
• Failing to Yield for Motorcycles/Bicycles
• Making a Left Turn in Front of a Motorcycle/Bicycle
• Reckless Driving
• Driving While Distracted by Cell Phones, Food, or the Radio
• Driving While under the Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
Sadly, a lot of these things, such as speeding, reckless driving, driving while using a cell phone, or driving while under the influence of alcohol and drugs, are illegal in California. Yet, automobile operators do these things and the result for motorcyclists and bicyclists is tragic.
This is one of the reasons why in the lawyers at El Dabe Law Firm are committed to seeing to it that motorcycle and bicycle accident victims get the compensation they deserve.
Potential Injuries Sustained after An Accident
The injuries suffered by bicyclists and motorcyclists who collide with an automobile or truck are very serious. In many instances, they are life-threatening. The life-saving treatment these victims receive can be extremely costly. Examples of these injuries include but are not limited to:
• Traumatic Brain Injuries. These injuries can stick with an individual for months, years, or can be a lifelong and dramatically change a person’s quality of life. It also affects the family who now have to help the person who is emotionally different and who may have a diminished capability to provide financially for the family.
• Spinal Cord Injuries. These injuries can lead a person to be paralyzed from the neck down. They can lead to a whole host of other conditions that affect a person’s mobility. In some instances they will require an individual to use a wheelchair, or they may need to use specialized vehicles. In many cases these injuries require that the victim make modifications to their home so that they can move around adequately.
• Amputations. Amputations are life-changing. They require rehabilitation, and they will definitely change the victim’s quality of life.
In addition to these serious injuries, other injuries include things like concussions, broken bones, road rash, cuts, and other life-changing injuries.
At El Dabe Law Firm, our goal is to help accident victims cover any financial losses connected to the accident. We want to help them get financially stabilized as soon as possible.
Why Use Us
We are committed 100 percent to our clients. As a result of our commitment and willingness to help our clients, we have received the recognition of our peers. Our client’s testimony more than speaks for itself when it comes to the effectiveness of our approach and our diligence in seeing to it that justice is done.
With more than three decades of experience behind us and more than $20 million in verdicts and settlements, we feel that our record more than speaks for itself.
We work with our clients to help them through every aspect of their post-accident recovery. This means working with them to get a new vehicle and helping them to identify the medical tests they need to take to make sure that they are fully recovered.
Our success is connected to the success of our clients. We don’t get paid unless you win.