Oceanside Car Accident Attorneys
Many people are injured in car crashes each year. Tragically, many of these accidents leave victims to struggle with chronic pain and disability. Fortunately, car accident victims who can prove that another person’s negligence caused their crash, could be eligible to recover damages compensating them for accident-related losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. However, filing car accident claims can be difficult, particularly for those who are suffering from serious injuries, so if you were involved in a car accident in California, it is critical to speak with an experienced Oceanside car accident lawyer who can assess your claim and help you seek compensation for your losses.
IMPORTANT CAR ACCIDENT FAQS
Over the last ten years, the number of car accidents that occur nationwide has drastically increased, a trend that is largely attributed to the increasing number of cars on the road and the use of electronic devices while driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), as many as 40 percent of these collisions occur in intersections. Driver fatigue has also been linked to more than 100,000 collisions per year, in which as many as 71,000 people are injured. Injuries sustained by motorists who are involved in collisions with semi-trucks tend to be particularly severe. In fact, the NHTSA estimates that more than 4,000 people lose their lives in collisions with commercial vehicles every year. Furthermore, while many car accidents can be linked to the negligence of one or more drivers, the reality is that many collisions are actually the result of vehicle defects. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has even reported that around 33,000 defect-related accidents occur on a yearly basis.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
The severity of car accident injuries depends on a number of different factors, including the size and number of the vehicles involved in the crash, the speed at which the vehicles were traveling prior to the collision, but most importantly, the type of crash in question. Although there are a variety of different types of car accidents, the most common include:
- Multi-car pile-ups, which often have the worst consequences for motorists, as occupants are forced to sustain multiple impacts from a variety of directions;
- Rear-end collisions, which account for almost one-third of all collisions and involve the front of one vehicle striking the rear of another;
- Rollovers, which are common amongst top heavy vehicles and tend to result in severe injuries, as it is not uncommon for occupants to become trapped inside the vehicle;
- Sideswipe accidents, which involve one vehicle suffering a glancing blow from a nearby car and can cause significant vehicle damage;
- Side impact (T-bone) collisions, which occur when the front end of one car strikes another on its side and often result in head trauma, hearing loss, and whiplash, as well as significant property damage; and
- Head-on car crashes, which are usually the result of falling asleep at the wheel or driving while intoxicated.
If you were injured in one of these types of collisions, please call our legal team to learn more about filing a claim against the at-fault party.
CALL TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW WE CAN HELP
To speak with one of the dedicated Oceanside car accident attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers about your own accident-related injuries, please call 888-540-0325 or send us an online message today.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I recommend this law firm to anyone that needs legal advice. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable when I contacted them to handle my car accident. I wish I had used them for my previous case, but at least I now know who to contact to handle future cases.
Aldo A. Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours