(213) 985-1120

Minor Car Accident Injuries

Fortunately, not all car accidents result in serious, life-changing injuries. However, even minor injuries can be painful, temporarily disabling, and expensive to treat – healthcare in America is not cheap. If you’ve been involved in a car accident and have suffered minor injuries, you may be wondering whether or not you need the assistance of a Los Angeles car accident lawyer. Here’s what you should know about minor injuries and when you should call a legal professional–

Common Minor Car Accident Injuries

Walking away from a car accident without any injuries at all is rare. Fortunately, many people who are involved in car accidents in L.A. and surrounding areas only suffer minor injuries. Some of the most common minor car accident injuries include:

  • Minor traumatic brain injuries (minor concussion injury);
  • Minor whiplash injury or other soft tissue injury;
  • Bruises and scrapes; 
  • Soreness/muscle strains and sprains; and
  • Feelings of shock, anxiety, or depression that immediately follow the accident (psychological injuries) but that are not suffered long-term.

Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer if I’ve Suffering a Minor Car Accident Injury?

While it’s always wise to retain legal counsel if you’ve been in a serious car accident, if you’ve only suffered minor injuries, you may be wondering whether or not you require the counsel of an L.A. car accident lawyer. The answer is that it depends. You may consider calling a lawyer if:

  • You have high medical bills. Just because your injuries aren’t serious doesn’t mean you won’t have high medical bills. If you are looking at going into debt because of hospital expenses and doctors’ bills, working with a lawyer may be well worth it.
  • You’ve suffered other damages. Outside of your injuries, have you suffered other damages? For example, are you facing high property damage losses, or have you lost wages as a result of your accident? If so, then you should consider working with a car accident lawyer.
  • Your claim is denied or otherwise complicated. While most minor injury claims will be paid by an insurance company without too much complaint, this isn’t always the case. If your claim has been denied or is otherwise complicated (e.g. fault is disputed), then you may consider retaining the counsel of an attorney.

Unsure of What to Do After Suffering Minor Car Accident Injuries? Just Ask

If you have suffered minor car accident injuries, you may be unsure of what to do, what your options are, and whether or not you need a Los Angeles car accident attorney. The best way to get the answers to the questions you have is just to ask. When you call our Los Angeles car accident lawyers at the office of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we can provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation. 

To learn more, please reach out to us today online or by phone. We are here to help you!