Personal injury attorneys come in all shapes and sizes. There are those that limit their legal practice to certain cases such as slip and falls or product liability. There are also some that handle a wide variety of personal injury cases.
Because there are so many attorneys out there, picking the best one for your case can seem daunting. Here is a complete guide on how to choose a good personal injury attorney.
If you are stuck on a choice, contact a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers for a case evaluation. If we cannot handle your personal injury case, we will recommend someone who can.
Knowing Where to Begin
- Ask Around: When looking for a lawyer, the best place to start is where you are. For instance, if you recently retained a lawyer for a particular matter, you can contact them for a referral. There is a good chance they will refer you to an attorney with similar values. Alternatively, you can ask friends and family for a referral. Make sure to confirm that their experience was positive before scheduling a consultation.
- Check for Online Presence: One of the best ways to learn about an attorney is to visit their website. You can scroll through their social media, advertisements, or published works to get an idea of their work. From the site, you can also learn the type of cases an attorney handles, their practice areas, and their track records. These are excellent tools when deciding whether to them with your case.
- Study Online Ratings: An attorney in good standing with their local and state bar association will often be included in a referral list. You can access this data at no charge from the bar association. This should help you learn the attorney’s standing in terms of skill and reputation. As a rule of thumb, check the online ratings of several attorneys and narrow down your options.
- Review Client Testimonials: Every practicing attorney has a reputation. Some attorneys are considered sophisticated, result-oriented, and passionate while others are not. The best way to choose a good personal injury attorney is to read their client testimonials. What are clients saying about the attorney’s services? More often than not, an attorney will live up to their reputation.
- Consider accessibility: Accessibility can be defined as the ease of reaching the attorney. Do they reply to emails? Does someone answer the phone when you call? Generally, you want an attorney you can easily reach. This is especially if your case is very sensitive.
You can determine an attorney’s accessibility by trying to reach them through the contact information on their website. You can also ask previous clients about their experiences.
Consult a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents are often unexpected. You never leave the house anticipating that you could slip on a wet floor at the grocery store.
Therefore, it is wise to have a personal injury attorney at your disposal at all times. A good attorney can guide you on how to protect your rights after such an accident.
Contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers to speak with their experienced Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys.