Highland Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident in Highland, you don’t have to represent yourself in your claim for damages. At the law offices of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our team of experienced Highland car accident attorneys is available to advocate for you and represent your best interests. Schedule your free consultation now to learn more about how we can help you recover the settlement you deserve.
Types of Car Accidents
Our lawyers have represented clients and their family members who have been involved in a wide range of different crash types. Types of car accidents that are common, and that our lawyers are experienced in building claims around, include:
- Head-on crashes;
- Rear-end crashes;
- Multi-vehicle collisions;
- T-bone accidents; and
- Sideswipe collisions.
We also represent those involved in car accidents involving commercial vehicles, such as large trucks and buses, as well as pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bicycle accidents.
Injuries from Car Accidents
In addition to property damage expenses, if you have been involved in a car accident, you may be looking at thousands of dollars’ worth of medical expenses, too. Indeed, the injuries that result from a serious car accident are often devastating, and are not only expensive to treat, but also severely limiting, disabling, and painful as well. If you have suffered any of the following serious injuries as a result of your car accident, we strongly recommend calling a lawyer for legal representation immediately–
- Traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) most commonly happens when the head is struck by an object, such as the dashboard, in a motor vehicle accident. However, a TBI can also be the result of severe shaking or rotational forces on the brain, a skull/brain penetration injury, or the brain being deprived of oxygen. When this injury type occurs, the consequences may be long term and could affect thinking, cognition, sensation, emotion, and more.
- Spinal cord injury. One of the most devastating injury types is a spinal cord injury, which happens when the spinal cord (which runs the length of the spine and is protected by the vertebrae spinal column) is impacted. The spinal cord carries messages between the brain and the rest of the body; when it’s impacted, this ability is impeded. The result can be permanent and complete paralysis in the most severe of cases, and partial paralysis in milder (yet still very severe) cases.
- Bone fractures. While bones are designed to be pliable, they can only withstand so much force. Being bent into an odd position, or being struck with an object, could cause a bone to fracture. Bone fracture injuries can be very serious, especially if there are other complications associated with the fracture (i.e. organ perforation, infection, bleeding, etc.).
- Internal injuries. While most injuries are visible to the naked eye, internal injuries that result from a car accident can be harder to detect, making them that much more critical. Internal injuries may result from an organ puncture, or from being hit by an object. Internal bleeding can be fatal, and demands immediate care.
In addition to the above, soft tissue injuries, lacerations, bruising, and psychological injuries are all common in a car accident, too.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important that you act intentionally after your car accident; failing to take the proper steps could diminish the value of your claim. While you may be limited in doing some of the following based on the degree of injuries you have suffered, important steps to take after a car accident include:
- Stop your vehicle and check to make sure everyone is alright;
- Call the police and report your accident immediately;
- Get the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information;
- Take photos of the accident scene;
- Get the names of any eyewitnesses, as well as their contact information;
- Report the accident to your insurer as soon as possible;
- Seek medical care; and
- Hire a skilled Highland car accident attorney.
Remember that you have the right to seek the recovery of your full damages amount, including compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other economic and noneconomic losses. Failing to take the above steps could make recovering your maximum compensation award more difficult.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in Highland
It can be difficult to move quickly after a car accident. Not only may you be dealing with serious physical injuries, but you may also have suffered psychological and emotional harm as well that deters you from reliving the accident via the claims process. That being said, if you do not file your car accident lawsuit within two years from the date of its occurrence–the statute of limitations in California–you will be permanently barred from recovery. As such, you need to start building your case and pursuing damages as soon as possible.
Call Our Highland Car Accident Attorneys Today
At the law offices of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Highland car accident lawyers know how much is on the line when you’ve been involved in a serious car accident. We care about our clients and want you to walk away with the biggest settlement award possible. When you call our law firm, we will work hard to make sure that you have the best chances of recovering a fair settlement as possible.
To learn more and to schedule your free consultation, please call our law offices today or send us a message directly.
Call us today for a free consultation to discuss your rights. (844) 445-5341
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I called this law firm seeking for a personal injury attorney. They redirected me to RMD law and they handled my case in no time. Thanks for your recommendation and caring about people although it was out of your scope.
Ali G., Irvine, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours