Highland Personal Injury Lawyers
With a population of approx 60,000 it is no surprise that accidents occasionally happen, sometimes causing debilitating injuries to victims. Fortunately, California laws allow accident victims to seek compensation for their injuries if the accident resulted from someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in the Highland area, an experienced Highland personal injury attorney from El Dabe Ritter may be able to help you pursue damages for your losses. Read on to find out more about the personal injury cases we handle.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Highland, CA
Different types of accidents can cause various types of injuries, some of which can be highly severe. Due to the nature of accidents, individuals who are injured due to another person’s negligence require the assistance of skilled legal counsel. Every year, hundreds of individuals are injured in and around Highland because of the recklessness of a third party. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Highland Personal Injury Lawyers can provide you with a reliable legal representation to ensure that you obtain a substantial settlement in your personal injury case. Contact us today to get the representation you deserve.
Our Highland personal injury attorneys can handle various types of personal injury cases. Here are some of the most common causes of personal injuries:
- Car accidents: Car accident cases are the most common cause of personal injuries in Highland. Pursuing a car accident claim can prove to be a complicated legal matter. Among the issues challenged in this type of case is proving that another fault was at fault for your injuries. In addition, you have to prove that you were not negligent in causing the accident.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slips and falls represent another common cause of personal injuries in Highland. Business and property owners must maintain their property in a safe condition to protect visitors from accidents. This duty of care is defined under California’s premises liability laws, which also state that you can file a claim against a negligent property owner. Despite premises liability laws, business owners may not always be held liable for a slip and fall. If you get injured in a store or private property, an attorney can help you establish duty of care and breach. If you get injured in a slip-and-fall accident and you believe was caused by another person’s negligence, our Highland personal injury attorneys can help you create a case against the at-fault party and get compensated for your damages. Slip and fall accidents are more complicated than they appear, as you have to prove that the owner of the premises did not keep the property in a safe condition. A skilled attorney can help in filing a case against the at-fault party to ensure that you obtain the necessary compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice refers to the unethical treatment of a patient by a healthcare practitioner due to negligence. It happens when the practitioner diverges from the standard of care acceptable in ethical medical practice. If you or a loved one has been injured because of a health care provider’s actions or inactions, you may file a medical malpractice claim. Establishing that a medical professional has been negligent can be difficult. Should you get injured by one, a Highland Personal Injury Attorney can help you pursue damages.
- Bicycle Accidents: More and more Americans are turning to cycling for exercise, fun, and commuting. While bicycles can be enjoyable and environmental-friendly, they are not immune to accidents. If you get hit by a car when cycling, you may sustain life-threatening injuries. Bicycles don’t have the protective casing that cars have, meaning collisions can be hazardous. A personal injury lawyer can ensure you get all the compensation owed to you for your injuries.
- Dog Bites: Did you know that over 4.5 million dog bites are reported every year in the United States? California laws state that dog owners may be held responsible for dog bites, even if the dog had not previously bitten anyone before and was not vicious. If left untreated, a dog bite can cause serious infections, muscle damage, and scars. Contact a personal injury attorney to learn about your right to compensation.
- Wrongful Death: Sometimes, an accident may result in the loss of life. While nothing can be done to bring back the life of a loved one, their dependents can file a wrongful death claim for funeral expenses and other benefits. A personal injury attorney will ensure all eligible dependents are compensated.
The list of types of accidents that result in personal injuries is endless. However, there are other common causes of personal injuries that Highland personal injury lawyers are hired to represent clients. They include:
- Bodily contact
- Dangerous objects
- Contaminated food products
- Defective products
- Dog bites
Types of Car Accidents
While Highland is known for its diversity and divided demographics, there is one thing that nearly all people in Highland have in common: the risk of being in a car accident is one of the greatest threats of injury. Indeed, car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death not just in Highland, but throughout the nation.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Highland, you don’t have to represent yourself in your claim for damages. At the law offices of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our team of experienced Highland car accident attorneys is available to advocate for you and represent your best interests. Schedule your free consultation now to learn more about how we can help you recover the settlement you deserve.
Our lawyers have represented clients and their family members who have been involved in a wide range of different crash types. Types of car accidents that are common, and that our lawyers are experienced in building claims around, include:
- Head-on crashes;
- Rear-end crashes;
- Multi-vehicle collisions;
- T-bone accidents; and
- Sideswipe collisions.
We also represent those involved in car accidents involving commercial vehicles, such as large trucks and buses, as well as pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bicycle accidents.
Injuries from Car Accidents
In addition to property damage expenses, if you have been involved in a car accident, you may be looking at thousands of dollars’ worth of medical expenses, too. Indeed, the injuries that result from a serious car accident are often devastating, and are not only expensive to treat, but also severely limiting, disabling, and painful as well. If you have suffered any of the following serious injuries as a result of your car accident, we strongly recommend calling a lawyer for legal representation immediately:
- Traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) most commonly happens when the head is struck by an object, such as the dashboard, in a motor vehicle accident. However, a TBI can also be the result of severe shaking or rotational forces on the brain, a skull/brain penetration injury, or the brain being deprived of oxygen. When this injury type occurs, the consequences may be long term and could affect thinking, cognition, sensation, emotion, and more.
- Spinal cord injury. One of the most devastating injury types is a spinal cord injury, which happens when the spinal cord (which runs the length of the spine and is protected by the vertebrae spinal column) is impacted. The spinal cord carries messages between the brain and the rest of the body; when it’s impacted, this ability is impeded. The result can be permanent and complete paralysis in the most severe of cases, and partial paralysis in milder (yet still very severe) cases.
- Bone fractures. While bones are designed to be pliable, they can only withstand so much force. Being bent into an odd position, or being struck with an object, could cause a bone to fracture. Bone fracture injuries can be very serious, especially if there are other complications associated with the fracture (i.e. organ perforation, infection, bleeding, etc.).
- Internal injuries. While most injuries are visible to the naked eye, internal injuries that result from a car accident can be harder to detect, making them that much more critical. Internal injuries may result from an organ puncture, or from being hit by an object. Internal bleeding can be fatal, and demands immediate care.
In addition to the above, soft tissue injuries, lacerations, bruising, and psychological injuries are all common in a car accident, too.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important that you act intentionally after your car accident; failing to take the proper steps could diminish the value of your claim. While you may be limited in doing some of the following based on the degree of injuries you have suffered, important steps to take after a car accident include:
- Stop your vehicle and check to make sure everyone is alright;
- Call the police and report your accident immediately;
- Get the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information;
- Take photos of the accident scene;
- Get the names of any eyewitnesses, as well as their contact information;
- Report the accident to your insurer as soon as possible;
- Seek medical care; and
- Hire a skilled Highland car accident attorney.
Remember that you have the right to seek the recovery of your full damages amount, including compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other economic and noneconomic losses. Failing to take the above steps could make recovering your maximum compensation award more difficult.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims in Highland
It can be difficult to move quickly after a car accident. Not only may you be dealing with serious physical injuries, but you may also have suffered psychological and emotional harm as well that deters you from reliving the accident via the claims process. That being said, if you do not file your car accident lawsuit within two years from the date of its occurrence–the statute of limitations in California–you will be permanently barred from recovery. As such, you need to start building your case and pursuing damages as soon as possible.
Overview of Compensation of a Motorcycle or Bicycle Accident Case
Highland motorcycle/bicycle accident lawyers assist motorcyclists and bicyclists injured on roadway accidents in a number of different ways. The reality is that an injured motorcyclist or bicyclist has a far better chance of obtaining much-needed compensation for injuries, losses, and damages when represented by a skilled personal injury attorney, according to the American Bar Association. Indeed, recovery consistently is higher when a lawyer aids and assists an accident victim in a personal injury case.
Highland motorcycle/bicycle accident lawyers are truly helpful to individuals in motorcycle or bicycle accidents because they understand the need to take a truly comprehensive approach to compensation. Although there are case-by-case differences when it comes to compensation for injured riders, of both types, there are common types of financial recovery needed for most individuals in these types of accidents.
Medical bills add up quickly following a motorcycle or bicycle accident. Highland motorcycle/bicycle accident lawyers understand the tactics to employ to ensure that current and future medical bills are covered in a settlement or court judgment. Pain and suffering associated with these types of accidents oftentimes are quite significant.
Addressing this need for compensation is something that is best accomplished with the assistance of qualified Highland motorcycle/bicycle accident lawyers. On many occasions, an injured motorcyclist or bicyclist is not able to return to work immediately. In some cases, a person enduring the aftermath of this type of accident cannot return to his or her job for an extended period of time.
Compensation for lost wages is vital and truly requires the assistance of skilled, tenacious Highland motorcycle/bicycle accident lawyers.
Addressing Comparative Negligence Issues in a Bike Accident Case
California is a comparative negligence state. What this means is that any negligence of the person seeking compensation that may have contributed to the accident will be considered in calculating a damage award. For example, if a motorcyclist is deemed to be 20 percent at fault for causing an accident, any award of compensation in a lawsuit will be offset by that percentage.
Therefore, if a gross award in a personal injury lawsuit is $100,000, that amount will be offset by 20 percent or $20,000. This will result in a final compensation payment to the claimant or plaintiff of $80,000.
Seek Legal Representation
If you are suffering a personal injury that you believe was caused by another person’s recklessness, you should be preemptive in seeking out Highland personal injury attorneys like those at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers. Our lawyers will plan an initial consultation at your convenience. You will not pay any fee during your initial consultation at our law firm.
During your first consultation with our attorneys, you will learn more about how we can help in your personal injury case. That includes a talk about the tactics and strategies as well as a general evaluation of the circumstances and facts of your case. You will also have an opportunity to raise questions concerning your case and how the lawyers will handle your case.
The personal injury attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers have acquired national recognition for their victories in personal injury cases. They have won many cases worth millions of dollars for their clients. Call us or book an appointment online today for a free, no-obligation legal consultation.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I want to thank El Dabe Ritter Trial lawyer they are best, they alway find ways to help even if is a hard case, they all very kind and they treated me with respect, thank you again for helping me it's a pleasure to have you as my lawyers.
Karina Q., Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours
Talk to an Attorney Today
Negligence laws in California stipulate that an individual, group, or company may be held liable for the injuries they cause others through negligence, even if the damage was unintentional. This means that you have the right to pursue a compensation claim if someone injured you.
At El DabeRitter, we are dedicated to helping personal injury victims get back on their feet financially by pursuing the best possible outcomes for their claims. If you have sustained an injury through no fault of your own, contact us today at 888-543-9414 to speak to a Personal Injury Attorney in Highland.[/internal_content_sidebar_section]
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours