In a matter of a few seconds, your life can change. When a car accident occurs, everything happens in a quick instant, yet the repercussions of a crash are often felt for weeks, months, or even years in the case of serious injury. At the law offices of El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our Hesperia car accident lawyers believe in providing high-quality, aggressive legal representation for our clients in San Bernardino County who are harmed in serious crashes. If you or a family member has been in a car accident, please reach out to our law firm today for free information about your legal rights and options. We are here to serve you.
Top Causes of Car Accidents in Hesperia
Our lawyers believe that a goal of zero fatalities in the state of California is possible, because we know that car accidents are not inevitable; instead, they are the result of human error, and are entirely preventable as such. One of our jobs when you come to us after being involved in a car accident is to determine the cause of that accident so that the responsible party can be held liable for your damages. Over the years, we have seen car accidents caused by a myriad of different things – some of the most common include:
- Driver error. By far, driver error is the number-one cause of car accidents in Hesperia. Acts of driver error that lead to crashes include:
- Distracted driving, such as using a cellphone to text or talk, eating, self-grooming, attending to passengers, and more;
- Speeding – the faster a vehicle is traveling, the greater the risk of accident and the risk of damages in that accident being more severe;
- Driving while drunk or impaired;
- Failing to adhere to traffic safety laws;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Following too closely/tailgating; and
- Driving aggressively.
- Vehicle defects. Another cause of crashes in Hesperia, although much less common than accidents caused by driver error, is vehicle defects. When a vehicle or vehicle part is designed or manufactured defectively, it could cause a severe accident. Examples of vehicle defects that often lead to crashes or serious injuries include tire tread defects, brake defects, airbag defects, and more.
- Poor road conditions. Poor road conditions can increase the risk of a car accident. Some road conditions are the work of Mother Nature, and cannot be prevented, such as rain. However, even when roads are slick and visibility is poor, drivers still have a duty to operate their vehicles responsibly, and to adjust their driving based on the weather (i.e. slow down, provide more following distance, etc.). Other types of road conditions that can lead to an accident include uneven road surfaces, potholes, lack of signage or improper signage, poorly marked construction zones, unremoved debris, and more.
After your car accident, we’ll help you get to the bottom of how it happened and who’s to blame and then can bring forth a claim against the appropriate party and insurance provider as such.
Types of Damages Recoverable in a Car Accident Claim
When you are involved in a car accident that is caused by no fault of your own, you deserve to be fairly compensated for the full extent of damages you have suffered. Types of damages that are recoverable in a car accident claim in Hesperia include:
- Property damage expenses. If your vehicle requires repairs as a result of the accident, or has to be replaced entirely, you shouldn’t have to pay for these costs.
- Medical expenses. Even minor injuries can be expensive to treat – doctors’ appointments, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and physical therapy can total tens of thousands of dollars. You should be compensated for the full value of your medical expenses related to the accident and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages. If you have been in a car accident and have suffered injuries, chances are that these injuries preclude you from returning to work immediately. In fact, if your injuries are serious, you may even be unable to work long term, perhaps indefinitely. You should be compensated for the value of your lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. While a large percentage of the damages that a person accrues in a car accident are economic in nature, meaning that they have an actual cash value, damages can also be noneconomic. Pain, suffering, emotional distress, and loss of quality of life are all examples of noneconomic damages for which you deserve to be compensated.
How Our Hesperia Car Accident Attorneys Serve You
Working with a Hesperia car accident attorney can be a wise choice after you have been in a crash. Our lawyers have years of experience building claims and know what it takes to get our clients the settlements that they deserve. Our lawyers will assist you by:
- Investigating your case;
- Hiring accident reconstruction experts and other professionals;
- Determining fault and liability;
- Calculating your damages;
- Sending a demand letter to the appropriate insurance company;
- Reviewing and negotiating your settlement offer;
- Providing you with legal advice and guidance; and
- Filing a lawsuit and taking your case to court if necessary.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless you do. We are highly motivated to get you the largest settlement possible.
Our Process – Start By Scheduling Your Free Consultation with a Hesperia Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been in a car accident, we encourage you to call our law office today. Our process begins with a completely free, zero-obligation consultation with one of our Hesperia car accident lawyers. If you decide to work with us, we will guide you through our process and our fee arrangement, and then start working on your case immediately. Throughout the entire process, we will remain responsive and accessible.
Scheduling a free case review is easy. Just use the contact form on our website to send us a private message with more details of your accident, or call our Hesperia car accident lawyers directly. We will make your case a priority.