Eastvale Personal Injury
Eastvale, an up and coming city in Riverside County, boasts many homes, farms, and shopping centers. But despite these perks, the city is not immune to the reality of accidents, such as car collisions, dog bites, and slip and falls. If you get injured in such an incident and caused by someone else’s negligence, you could pursue a compensation claim.
A personal injury claim is a legal dispute where the victim suffers harm from an accident caused by another person’s negligence. In such cases, you may be able to pursue compensation with the help of an experienced Eastvale Personal Injury Attorney from ElDabe Ritter.
Steps to Take After an Accident
There is a time limit on personal injury cases in California, which means that every second that follows your accident counts. Everything you say or do will play a big role in the outcome of your case and whether you receive compensation. Immediately after your injury, do the following:
- Seek prompt medical attention if you are severely injured. Even if you don’t experience any pain or symptoms at first, it is advisable to see a doctor as you may have late-appearing injuries.
- Inform the authorities, which is the police in a car accident or the property owner or manager in a slip and fall. Make sure to collect a copy of the accident report.
- Collect evidence on your accident, including pictures and video clips of the scene and your injuries.
- Collect witness contact information
- Collect the other party’s name, contact information, and insurance company details
- Call an Eastvale personal injury attorney.
Determining Fault in a Personal Injury Case
California courts will require that you establish negligence and fault to receive compensation for your personal injury. This usually entails proving four elements, which are:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- They did not live up to that duty.
- Their negligence caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages.
In defective product cases, you may bring a claim against a product manufacturer or distributor under strict liability. You will be required to establish the following:
- The product was defective or unreasonably dangerous even when used as intended.
- The danger posed by the product wasn’t open or obvious.
- You were using the product as intended.
- The defect resulted in your injury.
- You suffered injury-related damages.
Compensation for Personal Injuries
Personal injury victims in California may receive compensation for their economic and non-economic damages. The former covers all out-of-pocket expenses related to the injury, while the former is more subjective and intended to cover emotional damage. Depending on your case, you may receive payment for the following:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Rehabilitation and aftercare
- Property repair or replacement
- Emotional trauma, including depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of joy
Consult an Eastvale Personal Injury Attorney Today
Under California laws, you only have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. This means you want to get on with your case as soon as possible, so you don’t lose your eligibility to pursue damages.
The attorneys at ElDabe Ritter prefer to get onto a case early so we can preserve crucial evidence while working within the statute of limitations. If you have been injured in a negligence-caused accident, contact us at 888-543-9414 to speak to a Personal Injury Attorney in Eastvale.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> IMPAIRED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I recommend this law firm to anyone that needs legal advice. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable when I contacted them to handle my car accident. I wish I had used them for my previous case, but at least I now know who to contact to handle future cases.
Aldo A. Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours