Del Mar Hot Air Balloon Accidents Lawyers
The Southern California coastline offers breathtaking views, making hot air balloon rides a popular way to take in the scenery from above. Though accidents may be a concern for some, statistics reveal that traveling aboard these airborne vehicles is quite safe. There is just a single fatality every year on average, and the total number of accidents is around 15. Still, for victims and their families, the losses are considerable.
California law does cover these incidents, though you should count on a Del Mar hot air balloon accident attorney for assistance with the legal process. Negligence concepts apply, but the underlying issues are more complex as compared to other personal injury matters. At El Dabe Ritter Law Firm, our team has the knowledge and experience to enforce your rights and get the compensation you deserve by law. Please contact us to set up a no-cost case review with a lawyer who can provide personalized details. Some background information may also be helpful.
Overview of Liability in Hot Air Balloon Accident Claims
While the underlying causes may vary, balloon accidents are typically the result of negligence by the operator and/or tour company. To qualify for compensation, you must prove that the incident occurred as a direct result of the at-fault party’s failure to exercise reasonable care. There are a few additional points to note about liability for hot air balloon accidents:
- The operator may be liable for carelessness in maneuvering the craft, which could lead the balloon to strike power lines, crash into a hill, or descend too quickly.
- The company operating the hot air balloon could be liable for negligence even without being on board, if the owners failed to maintain the equipment, ordered trips to go up in poor weather, and did not properly train the balloon operators.
- In addition, the balloon tour company could be liable for its employees through the concept of vicarious liability. Under this theory, an employer is responsible when the employee is negligent in performing job duties.
Monetary Damages for Injured Victims
Many balloon crash claims settle out of court, and El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will take care of this aspect of the process. We will file insurance claims, provide solid evidence to support your position, and work to negotiate an agreement. Our Del Mar hot air balloon accident attorneys will sue in court if the insurer will not pay a fair amount. Through our efforts, we strive to recover compensation for:
- Your economic losses, such as the costs of medical treatment and lost wages; and,
- Noneconomic losses, including pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and emotional anguish.
A Del Mar Hot Air Balloon Accident Lawyer Will Support Your Rights
They might not occur frequently, but you can expect massive losses if you are involved in a hot air balloon accident. You can count on El Dabe Ritter Law Firm to pursue all available legal remedies, so please call 213-985-1120 or visit us online. We can schedule a free consultation with a skilled attorney who will explain the next steps.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
So glad I went with Eldabe Ritter for my accident case. They kept constant communication with me, always answered my questions, and were very professional. In the end I got a great settlement. I didn't have health insurance so thankfully all my medical bills were paid. Everything was taken care of! Being in an accident can be very difficult to go through, but they definitely made the process a lot smoother! I'm referring all my friend and family here. Thank you guys!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours