Commitment, Passion, Justice For You
Compton Personal InjuryGET A FREE CONSULTATION
COMPTON PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
Protecting Legal Rights and Interests with Compton Personal Injury Lawyers
Compton personal injury lawyers assist injured people in negotiating settlements in the aftermath of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. If a settlement proves impossible, Compton personal injury lawyers move to the next level. They prepare, file, and prosecute a lawsuit on behalf of an injured individual.
Evidence is a key element of successfully obtaining a favorable settlement or judgment in a personal injury case. A personal injury attorney, like a member of the staff of the El Dabe Law Firm, has the experience and knowledge necessary to properly preserve and document evidence following an accident.
Compton Personal Injury Lawyers and Evidence
The ability of skilled Compton personal injury lawyers to address evidence issued appropriately, as part of mounting an effective case on behalf of an injured person, underscores the need for an accident victim to be proactive in retaining counsel. Therefore, an injured person must have some important knowledge about what needs to be done in order to preserve evidence in a personal injury or accident case.
Steps to Document an Accident Scene
There are steps you can do to ensure that the scene of the accident is investigated thoroughly and evidence is collected.
- If at all possible, a video should be made at the accident scene in the immediate aftermath of an incident. There are some limitations to ensuring that this occurs, but the number one priority necessary is treating injuries and making sure everyone is safe.
- Nonetheless, if someone is available to do it, and circumstances directly after an accident permit, the scene should be videoed. The videoing of an accident scene should be from all angles, including wider shots, as well as close-ups on important elements of the area.
- Another step to take in documenting an accident scene is returning to the location a day or two after the incident. Of course, many things may have changed in the interim, but not everything. By returning to an accident scene, a person may be able to spot something or another that was overlooked previously. Something crucial may be identified in revisiting the scene that may have a direct bearing on the cause of an accident.
- Videoing the accident scene again at the time of the revisit is important. Focus on the videoing needs to include any of the newly discovered items that may have played a role in the accident.
An ideal situation is to retain counsel and revisit the accident scene with the lawyer, or an investigator retained by the attorney. An injured person should not insist that counsel come to the scene if the attorney doesn’t utilize the reliable services of a professional investigator. Nonetheless, the injured person should return to the scene with counsel or an investigator if his or her health status permits.
Steps to Document Injuries from an Accident
Some of the same tactics used to document the accident scene should also be used to document injuries sustained as well. As with the accident scene, Compton personal injury lawyers provide invaluable help in coordinating the documentation of injuries.
At the heart of this effort are the various treatment and related reports prepared by a treating physician. Care must be taken in regard to what is contained in these reports when it comes to sharing them with a claims adjuster.
Videos and photos are also vital in documenting accident-related injuries. If possible, taking images of either type directly after the accident can be helpful. These videos or photos should include:
- other devices utilized in the treatment process.
Hire Compton Personal Injury Lawyers
The personal injury legal team at the El Dabe Law Firm has the experience necessary to assist injured individuals in a variety of different cases. This includes everything from car accidents to slip and fall incidents to injuries sustained from defective products.
The El Dabe Law Firm will schedule an initial consultation with an injured person, at his or her convenience. There is no fee charged for this preliminary meeting between counsel and a potential client.
The initial consultation covers a variety of issues, including a review of the facts and circumstances of an accident and we can also answers questions that an injured person has regarding a case. Contact us today at (888)539-6950 to schedule your free consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours