San Diego Bicycle Accident Lawyers
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our San Diego bicycle accident lawyer has the professional skills and legal knowledge that injured victims can rely on. With deep experience handling bike accident injury cases, we help our clients secure justice and maximum financial support. For a free, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated San Diego bike accident attorney, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Motor Vehicles Pose a Significant Safety Hazard to Bicyclists
San Diego is a great place for biking. Unfortunately, too many drivers struggle to safely share the road with bikes. Automobiles pose a serious safety risk to cyclists. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that approximately 1,200 bicyclists are killed each year in the United States in motor vehicle collisions. Many thousands more riders suffer major injuries. Some of the most common reasons why bicycle accidents occur include:
- Running red lights;
- Running stop signs;
- Following a bike too closely;
- Buzzing a bike when passing it;
- Turning right on red without looking for bikes;
- Distracted driving; and
- Intoxicated driving.
What to Know About Bike Accident Liability in California
Were you or a loved one hurt in a bicycle accident in San Diego? If so, it is crucial that you understand how the law works. Bike accident injury cases fall under state law. Here are three things to understand about bicycle accident liability and the bicycle accident claims process in California:
- Fault-Based Standard of Liability: Bike accident liability is based on fault. To hold a driver or any other party liable for an accident, you must prove that their negligence contributed to the bike accident. As an example, a driver who was texting and driving can be held legally responsible for a resulting bike accident. All serious bike accidents in San Diego should be carefully investigated by a lawyer.
- Comparative Negligence Law: Liability for a bike accident in California is assigned proportionately to each party’s level of fault. You could be held partially responsible for your own bike accident. If so, this will reduce your compensation. Insurers often try to push the blame on victims. Protect yourself by working with a top San Diego bike accident lawyer.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations: You have a limited amount of time to file a bike accident injury claim. In California, these cases—similar to most other negligence claims—are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. If you do not file a bike accident injury lawsuit within two years of the crash, you will lose your right to get compensation.
Recovering Financial Compensation for a Bicycle Accident Injury
Following a bicycle accident, injured victims need financial compensation to pay bills and support their families. In California, injured victims have a right to pursue financial relief for economic and intangible damages. However, defendants and insurance carriers can make the claims process hard on people. It is their objective to settle personal injury cases for less—sometimes denying liability outright. Our San Diego, CA bicycle accident lawyers fight to help victims get every penny available under the law. You may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Bike repairs or replacement;
- Emergency medical bills;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Loss of current and future earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Do Injured Victims Trust the San Diego Bike Accident Team at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers?
Bicycle accident injury claims are complicated. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we go above and beyond to help victims and their families get justice and accountability. Our firm always takes a proactive, pragmatic, and action-oriented approach to personal injury claims. Among other things, our San Diego bicycle accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your case;
- Investigate your bicycle accident, gathering relevant evidence;
- Handle paperwork and represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Put together a personalized legal strategy to get you justice and full compensation.
Call Our San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, our San Diego bicycle accident attorneys are aggressive, experienced advocates for justice. If you or your loved one was hurt in a bike accident, we are more than ready to help. Give us a call now at 213-985-1120 or connect with us online for a no-cost, no-obligation review of your case. We handle bicycle accident injury claims throughout San Diego County.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
So glad I went with Eldabe Ritter for my accident case. They kept constant communication with me, always answered my questions, and were very professional. In the end I got a great settlement. I didn't have health insurance so thankfully all my medical bills were paid. Everything was taken care of! Being in an accident can be very difficult to go through, but they definitely made the process a lot smoother! I'm referring all my friend and family here. Thank you guys!
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours