Before hiring Los Angeles car accident attorneys, consider asking a few questions. Knowing the right questions to ask may help you get the best attorney. Here are some of the most important questions to ask your car accident attorney.
1. What is Your Experience and Background?
One of the most important things to ask your lawyer is the number of years they have been in practice. Experienced attorneys are likely to do a better job than inexperienced ones. Find out if they are qualified to help. Some of the most important questions to ask about their background include;
- Have you handled cases like mine in the past?
- Do you specialize in personal injury law?
- Have you represented many accident victims?
- Which professional organization do you belong to?
2. How Long Will You Take to Resolve the Case?
Ask the attorney to estimate the amount of time they will take to resolve your case. The time should be short but reasonable. An attorney that gives you unrealistic timelines is unlikely to do a good job. Various factors may affect the duration trial. This means that they can’t give you a specific time frame.
3. How Do You Assess My Case?
When meeting with your attorney, bring your case history. It should include everything from your accident reports to your medical reports. If you had to get physical therapy for car accident injuries, bring the bills as well. Bring insurance letters and photos of your injury and the scene of the accident. Ask if they have any techniques to assess your case.
4. How Can You Increase My Chances of Success?
Ask your Los Angeles car accident attorney if they have any strategies that you can implement to improve your chances of success. Do not assume that all you need to do is hire an attorney. A good attorney may ask you to see doctors who offer physical therapy for car accident injuries. They may ask you to speak with an investigator.
5. Can You Give me an Estimate of My Costs?
Even though it may be impossible for your car accident attorney to give you the exact price of their services, they should be able to give you an estimate. Some of the most important questions to ask about the costs include the following;
- How much might I get when you deduct the legal fees and expenses?
- Do you charge a contingency fee or an hourly fee?
- Do I need to pay a retainer fee?
- Do I owe you if we lose the case?
6. Who Else Will Be Working on My Case?
Do not assume that the attorney you hire will be solely responsible for your case. Most parts of your case may be handled by non-attorney case managers. Your case may be assigned to junior attorneys. If it is important to you that a specific person handles your case, you should ask.
Knowing the right questions to ask is the secret to getting the most from your attorney. Contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers today for a free consultation.