Drivers are required to follow posted traffic laws, as well as right-of-way laws in a given state. Unfortunately, due to distraction, speeding, aggression, or impairment, amongst other factors, drivers do not always fulfill this duty, and intersections become dangerous zones where drivers who fail to yield cause serious accidents. If you have been in an accident because someone neglected to yield, call our Los Angeles failure to yield collision lawyers at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers and we can assist you in proving fault and recovering compensation.
Where Failure to Yield Accidents Happen
Failure to yield accidents most commonly occur at intersections, but may take place in a variety of different locations – nearly any time a motor vehicle is proceeding forward, there is a risk of a failure to yield accident. For example, a failure to yield accident may occur:
- When a car is pulling out from a driveway on the main roadway;
- When a car is making a right-hand turn and there is a pedestrian in the crosswalk;
- When a vehicle is making a left-hand turn and another is proceeding straight through an intersection;
- Driver obstruction of vision;
- At a two- or four-way stop sign; or
- When a vehicle is turning right or left into a driveway from the roadway.
What Causes a Failure to Yield Accident?
A failure to yield accident may be the result of a myriad of different factors, including a lack of understanding about which driver has the right of way. For example, at a four-way stop, two drivers may both assume that they have the right of way, therefore proceeding at the same time, ultimately leading to an accident.
In addition to a lack of information or knowledge about who may legally proceed, other factors that lead to failure to yield-related accidents include:
- Driver distraction;
- Aggressive driving;
- Driver impairment/intoxication;
- Driver fatigue;
- Driver use of a handheld mobile device while operating motor vehicle; and
- Driver failure to come to a complete stop, ‘coasting’ through a traffic light or stop sign. This is especially common when a driver is making a right-hand turn at an intersection.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Injuries
Failing to yield can lead to serious crashes, including pedestrian or bicycle accidents, T-bone accidents, and even head-on collisions. These accident types are all closely associated with serious injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, limb crush injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
If you have suffered serious injuries in a failure to yield accident, you deserve to be compensated. When you call our Los Angeles failure to yield attorneys, we will open an investigation into your case designed to identify and prove the fault of the responsible party. We then handle all elements of your claim, including the negotiation of a settlement on your behalf.
Call Our Los Angeles Failure to Yield Car Accident Lawyers
A Los Angeles car accident lawyer like the ones found at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers can help you navigate the legal system after a serious crash and recover the amount of compensation you deserve. For your free consultation, please call us today or send us a message. We are ready to fight for you.