Palmdale Car Accident
California ranks #1 among all US states when it comes to population, so you expect the figures on motor vehicle crashes to be relatively high. More than 3,900 people are killed and 277,000 are hurt in statewide auto accidents annually, and around one-third of all fatal and injury-causing collisions in the state occur in Los Angeles County. However, a closer look at the statistics reported by the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reveals another disturbing ranking: Palmdale ranks 14 out of 59 cities of the same size when it comes to fatalities and injuries from auto collisions. Plus, it is not just traffic collisions that put people at risk of harm. Personal injury accidents of all kinds can lead to catastrophic results.
If you were hurt in a vehicle crash or other preventable accident, you may qualify to recover compensation for your losses. The legal process can be complex during these difficult times when you are trying to heal, so count on El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers to tackle the challenges. Please contact us today to learn how we support injured victims and their families. We can set up a complimentary case evaluation with a Palmdale car accident attorney, though some basics are useful.
Common Causes Behind California Auto Crashes
Though the specific causes and contributing factors may vary, traffic accidents happen because of driver negligence. Though the term means carelessness in customary usage, it has a detailed definition in the practice of law. You must prove that the other motorist failed to drive safely, and that this breach of the duty to exercise reasonable care was the direct cause of the crash. Drivers may be negligent by:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol;
- Making illegal turns; and,
- Texting, talking on the phone, eating, playing with a radio, and other forms of distracted driving.
However, there are also specific types of negligence that play key roles in certain types of accidents. For instance:
- The main reason that truck crashes occur is the operator’s violations of safety rules established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Bicycle collisions are often the result of a driver failing to yield right of way;
- Drivers still have a problem spotting motorcycle riders, so they are careless by not checking twice.
- Distracted driving is often behind pedestrian accidents, which often occur at intersections.
Negligence in Other Personal Injury Accidents
A breach of the duty to exercise reasonable care can also be the cause of other fatal and injury-causing incidents. Negligence concepts carry over to claims based upon:
- Premises liability, where a property owner does not keep the space safe from foreseeable hazards;
- Negligent security, is a type of premises liability that holds a property owner accountable for failing to implement security measures to deter criminal activity;
- Dog bites, in which the owner did not use proper care to manage the animal;
- Medical malpractice, where the duty of care is measured by what a hypothetical doctor would have done under the same circumstances; and,
- Construction accidents where the sole remedy is not workers’ compensation, and you can recover from the at-fault party through a civil lawsuit.
Legal Help with Recovering Compensation
With all types of vehicle crashes and personal injury accidents, monetary damages aim to make the victim whole after sustaining losses. You may qualify to recover amounts for medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will guide you through the legal process to ensure you receive fair compensation. Our Palmdale accident and personal injury lawyers will take on such tasks as:
- Conducting an investigation to assess causes and contributing factors;
- Reviewing your medical records;
- Consulting with medical experts;
- Filing a claim with the insurance company that covers the motorist, property owner, business, or homeowner;
- Working with the insurance company to reach a settlement; and,
- Representing you during mediation, which may be ordered by the court as a way to resolve disputes and facilitate settlement.
If the insurer refuses to pay fair compensation, our team will apply our trial advocacy skills to fight for you in court. We will present arguments, evidence, and testimony to obtain the best possible outcome.
Consult with a Palmdale Car Accident Attorney for Free
Whether you were affected by an auto crash or other type of personal injury accident, you can trust El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers to handle all essential tasks. For more information on your rights, please call 213-985-1120 or schedule a free consultation with a Southern California car crash lawyer online today.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
The team here is the most professional group of people I have ever worked with. They took care of me from day one and made sure that I was included and understood every step of the process. Gaby checked in regularly to make sure treatment was going well and to give me updates about my case. The team here really shows that they care for their clients and make sure that you are compensated for all your troubles.
Michel G., East Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours