- An unidentified car cut me off, and caused my cycle to veer off the road. Do I have a case through my uninsured motorist policy?
- What is Comparative Negligence and How Will it Affect a Slip and Fall Case?
- What to Do After A Chain Reaction Collisions
- How Soon After The Accident Should I Get A Lawyer?
- What About Passenger Eligibility For No-Fault?
- What to do after a Head-On Collision
Oceanside Motorcycle and Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- October 8, 2016
Statistics estimate that around 2,800 fatal motorcycle and bicycle accidents happen each year in the United States. Fortunately, while nearly 800 of those accidents are bicycle accidents, their total value only accounts for 1-2% of all documented traffic fatalities.
Find more about these statistics here.
Despite these less than favorable odds, you’ve found yourself in a non-fatal motorcycle or bicycle accident. While the event itself is seemingly random in occurrence, what you decide to do in the aftermath of your recovery is anything but.
The first measure you would take in this situation is fairly obvious, which is to file a claim with your insurance company to receive fair compensation for the cost of your injuries. Often times this will nearly be the end of the process, especially if you fit some or all of the criteria:
• You walked away from the accident unharmed, or with minor cuts or bruises that require further medical attention.
• Your injuries diminish after physical therapy and dissolve shortly after you begin therapy.
• Property damage caused by the accident is either limited or nonexistent.
• Your insurance company is willing to pay you a fair amount in the compensation of your injuries.
Some of you may desire to stop reading here, but there’s still much to understand about the process. Oceanside El Dabe Law Firm understands that unfortunately more often than not the legal process is far more complicated and winding than what we’ve described above, which would be an ideal scenario.
Use the following guidelines to determine whether or not you should take the next step and hire a Car Accident Lawyer:
• You’ve been hospitalized due to severe injuries and have accrued substantial medical bills.
• You’ve received long-term or permanent injuries that scar or disable you for an extended period of time.
• The opposing driver was under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances during the time of the crash.
• The faulty party of the crash is vague and unsolved.
• The opposing driver’s insurance does not cover you and your injuries.
General advice would speak towards hiring a Car Accident Lawyer sooner than later in measures to prevent any costly mistakes that may be made even during the beginning process of your case. Bear in mind also that there are deadlines for filing personal injury claims, and that they vary from state to state. You can see the deadlines for your state of residencehere.
A lawyer will be especially beneficial in any of these scenarios, given that the opposing insurance company will be ready to legally evade or disarm your claim. In this case, you will be left with nothing. It is important to act as soon as you possibly can so that a professional lawyer can advocate for you and drive your case home.
Even if the opposing insurance companies do not fight or dispute the rightfulness of your claim, they will likely dispute your compensation package in order to financially benefit their client in the best way that they can. Having a trained lawyer fight by your side will be crucial during this fundamental step of the way because it may be the means to an end.
Here at Oceanside El Dabe Law Firm, our professionally trained staff of lawyers are ready to listen to your case and prepare you with the information you need to properly pursue your case. We will work until the very end to secure you with the fair compensation you deserve in a swift and expert manner, providing you with full support along the way.
Technical aspects, such as filing all of your medical bills to the right source, for example, are easy things to forget about even for the more seasoned eye.
If you are the victim of a motorcycle or bicycle accident in the Oceanside area, please contact El Dabe Law Firm today to receive a free case review along from one of our friendly and efficient lawyers who deeply care about the legality surrounding your case.
We empathize with great detail the process of injury or loss suffered by you and your loved ones and are ready to make a stand for you.
Visit our website or give us a call today for a free case review.