One of the major causes of car collisions in Los Angeles is distracted driving. Distracted drivers pose a significant risk to themselves, other vehicles, bicycles, and people traveling by foot. Fortunately, it’s possible to prevent distracted driving and keep the roads safer.
If you were injured because of a distracted driver, don’t hesitate to consult Los Angeles car accident attorneys at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers. They will help you in pursuing your personal injury claim against the guilty party.
Tips to Maintain Focus
There are several ways to prevent distracted driving, including:
- While you’re driving, a phone should only be utilized for crisis purposes. Including the hands-free gadgets which may interfere with your visual and sound signals required to evade a collision
- Social discussions on mobile phones ought not to be continued while driving. Keep in mind it is illegal and you could be ticketed or fined
- If you are exhausted, pull off the street
- The number of travelers in a vehicle should be restricted, especially if the driver is an inexperienced teenager driving solo. That is because the teenagers’ peers may distract them from concentrating
- Abstain from eating while driving. Completing your morning meal while in transit to work or school isn’t a good idea, as it takes your hands away from the steering wheel
- Finish all your activities outside the vehicle to avoid multitasking while in the car
Ensuring that all activities are done outside the driver’s seat is the best way to prevent distracted driving.
Elements of Proof Required in a Distracted Driving Case
In Los Angeles, you might have the option of getting remunerated after a car collision. But, only if you can demonstrate that the other driver was to blame for your injuries. You or your legal advisor must have evidence that the driver was driving while distracted, and that demonstration of carelessness is the element that caused the auto crash.
A car collision lawsuit based on distracted driving needs the following aspects of proof from the victim’s side:
- Obligation of care: Your attorney must show that the other driver owed you a duty of care, especially at the point of the collision. For instance, the obligation to concentrate on the road and to abide by the Los Angeles driving laws.
- Breach of duty: Careless driving is a break of a driver’s obligation. The driver realizes it could cause harm to others but carelessly or wildly takes part in the perilous activity anyway.
- Suffered damages: Your legal counselor must demonstrate that you endured damages during the collision. Physical wounds, lost salary, or property destruction are all examples of potential damages.
Having discussed the elements, it’s clear that pursuing compensation for your damages would be simpler with the assistance of a lawyer. Knowledgeable and experienced Los Angeles car accident attorneys will gather proof and ensure that your case meets the qualification for compensation.
Contact El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers
In case you’re hurt due to someone’s carelessness on the road, don’t hesitate to call a lawyer. At El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers, we have competent and talented lawyers that will ensure your case is handled appropriately. Contact us at 888-333-8882 to schedule a free consultation.