- How do I know if a motorcycle helmet is acceptable under my state’s helmet law?
- In a case with multiple heirs, how are damages divided?
- Will My Health Insurance Coverage or Paid Sick Leave from Work Limit My Recovery For My Motorcycle accident?
- Is There Anyone Other Than the Drivers and Passengers Involved in a Motor Vehicle Collision That I Could Sue for My Damages?
- Will My Attorney Need To Retain Experts To Prove Liability And Damages Even Though My Injury Is So Obvious?
- Who can sue for an amputation injury?
Costa Mesa Motorcycle and Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- October 7, 2016
Motorcyclists and bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as cars and trucks on most streets in Costa Mesa. But riders are disproportionately at risk for serious injury from crashes involving cars and trucks. Today’s vehicles are well equipped with technologically advanced safety systems that protect drivers and passengers in the event of a collision. Motorcycles and bicycles have also seen significant technological advances. But in a collision, their risk for serious injury or death far outweighs that of drivers and passengers in cars and trucks.
The best drivers can be ill-informed or even cavalier about the rights of motorcyclists and bicyclists. Even well-intentioned and well-trained drivers can fail to see a motorcycle or bicycle with disastrous consequences. Road rage or extreme negligence by the driver of the car or truck is often cited as the cause of the crash. In the event of a motorcycle or bicycle accident, the importance of representation by a legal team that is experienced in both personal injury and this type of accident cannot be overemphasized.
The injuries sustained can be life threatening and may involve long hospital stays, crushing medical bills, and permanent injuries. For insurance companies and individuals guilty of negligence, it is a financial nightmare if they are compelled to pay large sums for damages to the victim. Needless to say, they will fight to mitigate these damages and often look for ways to blame the victim with expert witnesses and inaccurate presentation of the facts.
Victims and their families need to seek legal representation quickly and not feel pressured to accept a quick settlement while under emotional duress. Often, the injuries that will plague them for years to come may not even be apparent until long after the accident occurred. The injuries sustained can lead to a lifetime of medical expenses that are difficult to imagine. And, you may be entitled to damages for pain and suffering impacting you and your family that only a well trained legal team can begin to calculate.
The laws surrounding traffic accidents involving motorcycle and bicycle crashes is complex. The best way to protect the victim’s rights and ensure fair compensation for injuries is with the help of attorneys well-versed in this area of the law. Choosing a lawyer who has successfully litigated for motorcyclists and bicyclists and obtained substantial awards for damages can mean the difference between having the resources to deal with catastrophic injuries or financial devastation.
El Dabe Law Firm has the expertise to help victims and their families recover damages for injuries or death from motorcycle and bicycle accidents. Their record for winning judgements that accident victims and their families both need and deserve makes them the right choice in Costa Mesa.
If you or a loved one is the victim of this type of accident, the lawyers at El Dabe Law Firm urge you to do the follow:
- Contact your insurance company immediately and report the accident
- Obtain an accident report from the police agency investigating the accident
- Avoid speculating about the cause of the accident with any insurance agency or their attorneys
- Do not feel pressured to make a statement about the accident, particularly if it is being recorded
- Maintain a precise and accurate file of all expenses relating to the accident including but not limited to medical expenses
- Retain legal representation as quickly as possible and provide them with all documentation relating to the accident
- Avoid talking to others about the accident as they may be called as witnesses later
- Follow the advice of your attorney and assist them diligently in preparing your case
Emotions can run high in the hours and days following an accident. Maintaining composure can be difficult, especially when you or a loved one has been seriously injured. The guidance of an experienced and conscientious legal team will allow you to focus on recovering from injuries while they focus on recovering damages that will pay for your expenses both now and perhaps for years to come.