Anaheim Car Accident Lawyers
Considering the dense population and heavily trafficked roads in Southern California, it is no surprise that car accidents are a common threat. The risk for motorists in Orange County is considerable, and statistics reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) are proof. Every year, there are more than 200 fatalities and almost 22,000 individuals injured in traffic collisions, including those involving motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, and other vulnerable road users.
Being the largest city in Orange County, Anaheim sees its fair share of motor vehicle crashes. Around 30 people are killed and 2,300 victims suffer injuries in car accidents annually. Losses from a collision can be devastating and impact entire families, so it is wise to get skilled legal help with your remedies.
Our El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers have years of combined experience assisting clients with auto crashes, and we are ready to help with bicycle, motorcycle, and pedestrian collisions. Please contact our firm to schedule a no-cost case review. An Anaheim car accident attorney can offer custom-tailored advice, and an overview of the laws is helpful.
How Liability Works for Vehicle Collision Cases in Anaheim, CA
You may think of accidents as being unfortunate, unexpected incidents, but they do happen for a reason: Driver negligence. This term refers to the careless acts of a motorist, but it is also a theory of liability in traffic crash claims. To recover compensation, you must prove that the incident occurred because the driver failed to exercise reasonable care behind the wheel.
Some examples of negligence will probably seem familiar, as car accidents are more likely when a motorist:
- Speeds faster than the posted limited;
- Drives while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Fails to yield right of way;
- Makes illegal turns and lane changes;
- Texts, talks on the phone, searches the web, or posts to social media; or,
- Engages in other forms of distracted driving, like eating, using the radio, or interacting with a GPS.
Other Traffic Accidents That Put Road Users at Risk
The majority of crashes indeed involve passenger vehicles, light trucks, and SUVs. However, a negligent motorist is a threat to anyone sharing the road. El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers supports victims of all types of motor vehicle collisions, including:
- Truck Crashes: Semis, tractor-trailers, and 18-wheelers are massive, especially when fully loaded with cargo. You can expect that the occupants of the passenger vehicle will sustain the most devastation.
- Motorcycle Collisions: The lack of a metal barrier and the two-wheeled design of a motorcycle exposes the rider to serious harm, and motorist visibility remains a problem.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists share the road with heavier, faster-motorized vehicles, and designated bike lanes and California’s bike buffer zone laws provide some protection. However, collisions can be catastrophic for bicyclists.
- Pedestrian Crashes: The primary risk for people on foot is drivers who do not yield right of way. As with collisions involving bicycles and motorcycles, the victim of a pedestrian accident will almost always suffer a secondary impact when hitting the ground.
Damages for Victims of Auto Crashes
In a successful car accident claim, you may qualify to obtain monetary damages for your medical costs and lost income if you were unable to work. It is also possible to recover amounts for your noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. Retaining an Anaheim traffic crash lawyer is crucial for navigating the legal process, and El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers will handle the following stages:
- Insurance Claim: Motorists carry auto insurance to pay compensation for accident victims, so you will start by filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. Some cases settle, but insurance companies often deny rightful claims to protect their bottom line.
- Mediation: The court may order mediation as a way to get the parties closer together on a settlement. Mediation is not binding, so you can still pursue compensation in court.
- Litigation: Our team will advocate for you during the trial process, presenting arguments, evidence, and testimony to ensure you receive fair monetary damages.
Discuss Your Legal Options with an Anaheim Auto Accident Attorney
You can rest assured that monetary damages are available for victims of traffic collisions, but challenges with the claims process can stand in the way of recovering the compensation you deserve by law. Our team at El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers is ready to protect your interests, as we are aggressive in dealings with the insurance company and with litigation. Please call (213) 985-1120 or go online today to set up a free consultation with an Anaheim auto crash lawyer.
AREAS OF PRACTICECAR ACCIDENTS> BICYCLE ACCIDENTS> MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS> BUS ACCIDENTS> DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS> PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS> SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS> CATASTROPHIC INJURY> MEDIATION> MORE>
Top Reviewed Lawyer in Los Angeles by Results and Service
I want to thank El Dabe Ritter Trial lawyer they are best, they alway find ways to help even if is a hard case, they all very kind and they treated me with respect, thank you again for helping me it's a pleasure to have you as my lawyers.
Karina Q., Los Angeles, CA
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation and we will respond to you within 24 hours